cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit to screen and tool tips on WebCats (CATW)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing modifications in the WebCats application (CATW) using ITS 6.20 and 4.6C as R/3 system.

I have two problems:

1) The fields in the time sheet get too wide so they do not at all fit into one screen (17" 1024x768 resolution), so the user needs to scroll a lot horisontally. I have tried to set table width to 760 in 1000app.html and also tried to set the cols in SAPLCATS_ITS_1000 to <FRAMESET name="schtonk" COLS="1000"

but I see no effect at all.

2) I would like to add tool tips on the header texts in the time sheet in order to give more explanations to the column header names. How do I do this?

Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve these problems?

Thanks in advance!

/Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

First of all: A frameset tag with both cols- and rows-attribute set is syntactically not correct in my opinion. But that's not the point.

I don't think you will be successful with your approach to squeeze the whole table from "outside" because each cell has a defined width that can't be altered easily from outside.

The approach would be to look at the stylesheet classes used inside the table. For example take <b>.SIinput</b> and decrease its font-size to make the inputfields smaller.

A column will only be as narrow as it's widest content. So: You also have to take care of the font-size of the header etc.

Add a new stylesheet to the html template and overload the style elements you want to change.

But I think you will have a hard time to squeeze the table so that it will be fully visible on the screen.

Best regards,

Henning.

P.S.: Please grant reward points for helpful answers.

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is something I forgot to write: If you add your own stylesheet to the template you might have to use the CSS feature "! important" to overload the existing properties of the existing stylesheets.

Best regards,

Henning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henning, for your answers. I will have a look at them.

Best Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can actually squeeze the table by acting on ^field_size in functions_1000. This will affect the displayed size for each table column, and leave intact the possibility to enter data in full length. It's enough to display 5 characters both for hours and time, and most other fields can be shortened as well. If you would like to display the complete field, you can in addition include a "tooltip" functionality for the fields.

Regards, Ulf

P.S. Remember to copy your own service, e.g. ZCATW to avoid problems with patches and upgrades.

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Problem 1: Please post (parts of) the source code of your templates here and point out where you've changed something.

Best regards,

Henning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solved problem two now, which was very easy - just adding a title tag on SAP_TemplateTableCellBegin in FUNCTIONS_1000.

For example:

if (l_fieldname == "RAUFNR");
  SAP_TemplateTableCellBegin(paddingDisabled="X", title="Service Order Number");

I haven't been able to solve problem number one though. The changes are made in the HTML templates under Internet Service CATW.

In HTML-template SAPLCATS_ITS 1000 I have changed the following:

<FRAMESET name="schtonk" COLS="1000" ROWS="`topheight`,`appheight`,*" border="0" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" framepadding="0">

<FRAMESET name="schtonk" COLS="1000" ROWS="`~topheight`,`~appheight`,*" border="0" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" framepadding="0">

<frame name="topbtn" src="`wgateURL(~template="1000top")`" scrolling=no noresize>
<!--	<frame name="times" src="`wgateURL(~template="1000app")`" scrolling=auto> -->
	<frame name="times" src="`wgateURL(~template="1000app")`" scrolling=auto noresize>
	<frame name="subbtn" src="`wgateURL(~template="1000bottom")`" `if ((REJ_ITEMS == "") && (MESSAGES.dim < 2));`scrolling=auto noresize`end;`>

</frameset>

where I have added the cols 1000 and scrolling auto noresize

In HTML template 1000app I have changed the following code:

`SAP_BodyContentBegin();`

<!-- <table width="100%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0> -->
<table width="760" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0>
<tr valign="top">
	<td valign="top">

where I changed table width from 100% to 760.

Best Regards

/Andreas