Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save data locally in Interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following config: netweaver2004s SPS 9, livecycle 7.1, reader 7.0.8

When I used the old livecycle I could fill in locally interactive text fields and save them. Now this is not working correctly anymore, the data will not be saved in the form, I have the rigt Readerrights from the ADS??!!

Please advise what todo!

Thanks

Harrie Prinsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

There is a new reader version 8.0, by installing the new software, it finally works!

Harrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply. I know I have to program the translation back to ABAP. I think this is easily to do. We are selling SAP as a template, so I want to built several scenario's in SAP, to demo this to potential customers. The first scenario to show is the one I described in the forum. The next will be an webdynpro, etc.

Again thanks for the info, I will watch the forum for some SDN examples if there is a good solution to mail form webdynpro!

Regards

Harrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp.

Indeed I am using an offline scenario. I want to create an dynamic interactive form created from an abap. In the ABAP I want to built an IF for example to fill in some materials etc for creating an PO. I achieved to create a dynamic table row, but when I switched to livecycle 7.1. At the end I want to mail the IF from SAP to an end user / person. Based on your info I have also a predefined drop-down box with materials filled from the backend. I could not save locally some variable text fields. I also made an OSS message, it is still in progress. We are on SP 9 with netweaver2004s and SP6 on ADS. They advised me to first go to the same SP level as the netweaver level.

Regards Harrie

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harrie

The recommendation of having the AS Java and ADS on the same SPS level is more than just that, it is really a prerequisite for a correctly functioning environment.

You seem to be using transaction SFP for creating the form. While it is possible to create an interactive form here and mail it, be aware that the return trip (i.e. getting the data back into the database) needs to be manually coded, i.e. you need to create the transformation that converts the XML-based entries in the form back to ABAP. This is due to the fact that SFP was created mainly for output (one-way) forms, so we have an automatic transformation from ABAP to the Adobe XML.

The Web Dynpro framework does this 'back conversion' automatically for you. Unfortunately, Web Dynpro for ABAP currently doesn't let you easily mail a form out. We are working on a good solution or a doable workaround (watch for How-to Guides on this here in SDN).

If your form is not too complex, creating the back conversion manually shouldn't be too big an effort.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harrie,

Could you please provide us with some more information regarding your scenario? It seems that you are trying to create offline forms, right? Which framework (e.g. web dynpro, guided procedures, etc.) do you use in order to achieve this?

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by that gopi, I have the readerrights from ADS!

Harrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

May be you require the rights for Abode.

Thanks.

kris