cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom timeout per IAC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

Is it possible to control the error pages on a per ITS service basis in SICF ?

- the ICM connection timeout (controlled by the proctimeout)

- 400 Session timeout controlled by the rdisp/plugin_auto_logout)

I am aware of the parameter; cm/HTTP/error_templ_path. (mentioned in e.g thread However this works as I can see globally for all services.

The reason I need this is because different ITS services are targeted on different end user, and thus also a need to have different types/level of messages.

There is a tab in SICF for each service called Error pages, where it is possible to create different error pages. “Logon errors”, “Appl errors”, “Logoff page”, “Not accessible”. According to the documentation this allows to create an error page in the error page for 401 and 500 errors, however the session timeout error is a 400 error. Will these help me?

Any solutions to my problem.

Best regards,

Jørgen Ruud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

these profile parameters control ICMan (proctimeout) and the dispatcher (rdisp/plugin_auto_logout). ICMan and dispatcher are generic components which know nothing of specific services.

I always set proctimeout to -1, because if the ABAP compiles I don't want to get a boring error page. If you want to set a timeout for a specific service I would use rdisp/plugin_auto_logout=0 (deactivate the HTTP kernel timeout) and instead set the ICF timeout in SICF which you can set per service. You are right that according to the documentation it is unfortunately not possible to customize the session timeout page.

Best regards,

Klaus

Message was edited by:

Klaus Layer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

thanks for your answers. My understanding is that it is possible to increase the ICF timeout in SICF, to a number equal to or smaller than the gui_auto_logout parameter. This has been set to 0. The plugin_auto_logout parameter is set to 30.

As far as I remember I tried to increase the individual session timeout to 45 minutes in SICF, but still received a session timeout after 30 minutes. My conclusion based on this was that the plugin_auto_logout parameter created an upper boundry for the SICF timeout. (after increasing the parameter, the timeout is increased)

Note below metiones this, however it says the gui_auto_logout is the boundry.

Maybe I should doublecheck increasing the SICF timeout larger than the plugin timeout. If you say it should be possible?

Note 705013 "You can then overwrite this general timeout setting in Transaction SICF for each individual service by specifying a timeout for a specific service. However, the gui_auto_logout parameter always offers the longest possible timeout value by default, so that the session is terminated in any case when this value is exceeded."

Thank you for the input on the customizing of the session timeout page.

Regards,

Jørgen

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

I just wanted to say was that you don't need that plugin_auto_logout at all because its purpose is to set a smaller timeout for HTTP session than for SAPGUI sessions (gui_auto_logout) what in your case makes no sense because

you already set gui_auto_logout to 0. You should therefore deactivate the timeout for HTTP sessions (plugin_auto_logout = 0) and set the timeout in the ICF for each service.

SAP Note 705013 is the note I would have recommended you. The sentence quoted by you just means that if you don't set any timeout in ICF the session will be terminated after the time specified in gui_auto_logout.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for all the help. As I feel my original question has been answered I will close this thread now. The conclusion is that it is not possible to have custom error pages on timeout issues per SICF service.

As for the plugin_auto_logout, I will doublechek this.

Best regard,

Jørgen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

I'm afraid there's currently no solution available for the problem you described (at least from an ITS point of view). However this question should be addressed in the forum "NetWeaver AS, General" since it's more icman related.

Sorry for no better news.

Thanks and regards,

Dieter