cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter causes FTP process stop result 0 byte file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone ever heard that FTP adapter can cause FTP process to stop and end up with 0 byte file transferred?

We use the normal ftp script to ftp file from external file server place file in XI inbound folder so that file adapter can pick them up from that folder.

We have encounter a few 0 byte FTPed file in our system. One suspecting is the network between XI server and file server might get some interruption. With out just blaming on the network. We would like to know if there is any possibility that it is also causes by our file adapter? Says, it try to read the file that is not yet complete transferring make FTP give up transferring??

We would like to know if FTP process is transferring the file over and file adapter try to read, what will happen? Will it read file with incomplete content and ftp still go on? Or will it stop reading and return back error as the file could not be open? Or it will force FTP process to let go the file??

Best rgds,

Thida

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>We would like to know if there is any possibility that it is also causes by our file adapter? Says, it try to read the file that is not yet complete transferring make FTP give up transferring??</i>

have not seen the file adapter causing any such problems. So, it looks like a network issue.

><i>We would like to know if FTP process is transferring the file over and file adapter try to read, what will happen? Will it read file with incomplete content and ftp still go on? Or will it stop reading and return back error as the file could not be open? Or it will force FTP process to let go the file??</i>

Am not exactly sure, but when a file is being created and the file adapter tries to read such a file, the file would be READ and WRITE Locked and so File adapter should not be able to read such a file until the creation of the file is complete.

Also, take a look at the note : <b>821267</b> , question 31 for how file adapter processes empty file.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Bhavesh,

I am thinking the same but would like to see more if anyone has encounter it caused by File adapter. just to be sure that I am not too bias..

I heard there is a case in WBI world that somehow a user is not patient manually logged on and tried to open the file caused ftp process interrupted till stop. My suspect is that because user open has higher priority. I was not involved in that situation but just heard from colleague.

Best regards,

Thida

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi thida,

><i>I am thinking the same but would like to see more if anyone has encounter it caused by File adapter. just to be sure that I am not too bias..</i>

I can absolutley understand the need to be 100 % sure. I am avid fan of SDN and have never come across such a problem on the forums before though. But, I am watching this thread to see if anybody else did actually encounter such a problem. Hopefully, somebody has a better answer than i did.

Regards,

Bhavesh