Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Centre Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a large company with around 40000 staff and have the following business requirement.

- Cost centre reporting is expected to be hierarchical in nature but current Cost Centre structure in Australia is flat in structure.

- Natural hierarchies already exist by organisational structure: Total Company, Business, Zone, Region, Area and Branch.

- As a high level requirement, cost centre data should only be available to the manager of the organisational unit that they are managing and any lower level organisational units. Managers should only be able to view their organisational unit costs or lower organisational unit costs. They should not be able to view cost centre data across structures (peer organisational units) or higher levels of responsibilities (parent organisational units).

- The ability to access cost centre reporting data should take into account HR delegations and substitution processes. This also needs to take into account the granting of the correct authority to the delegated person to run reports.

- One possible option is to utilise the A250 Cost Centre Manager relationship in SAP to facilitate the security for cost centre reports.

I will be handling these requirements from a security perspective and would liike to achieve this without creating hundreds of roles and a maintenance nightmare.

A finance version of structural authorisations would be good

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Barb

5 REPLIES 5

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara

I have been in this situation a couple of years ago. We ended with a solution where I made a report for generating the roles based on the responsibility area, and where the user assignment where done manually. Not a very elegant solution, but it worked.

I can see that your requirement are a bit more sophisticated though. And if you do not want to generate a lot of roles I think you will need to develop your own concept for this.

But again, as authorization check are implemented directly in the source code, this is not a small task ~ at least my guess is that you will have to limit the number of report etc used by managers to very few, perhaps Managers desktop or Manager Self Service could help here ? Otherwise I guess my suggestion would be to develop my own reporting application, or try to convince the customer to give up some of the requirements.

The bottom line is, that SAP Finance really can't handle this in an elegant manor, So Yes - a finance version of structural authorizations would be a great Idea

former_member4251
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara, Morten,

Have you seen the ERP Financials Forum in SDN ? it should be very interesting to know the opinion from that side too

Go to

All the best,

Luis

Luis Felipe Lanz
SAP BTP Customer Success Partner

0 Kudos

> Have you seen the ERP Financials Forum in SDN ? it should be very interesting to know the opinion from that side too

Hi Barbara,

I agree with Luis, it would be very interesting to see what suggestions the Finance Forum comes up with. Could you ask it there too?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your responses. Not much joy there

I have posted the question on the Finance Forum as suggested

Thanks again

Barb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Barbara,

Do you have any solution for your question? Would you mind share with me? THANKS.