cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DST - Driver Selection tool and how to deploy a driver for the printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to use PIOS but the deployment/use of printer driver isn't successfully.

1) My first question is, where can i find the Driver Selection tool at the web console? It should be exist a button for this tool at the web console (since SP09), but i can't find it. Is the driver selection tool necessary for using printer driver with the MI2.5?

2) How i have to deploy the driver, i think as driver-addon. After i have uploading the driver as driver addon, the web console writes, that all is successful, but i cannot find my uploaded driver in the component list.

3) I have trying to upload and deploy the driver as simple addon, but it does't work. I get the exception "No implementation found".

Thanks a lot for your help.

Greetings,

Andreas Dommes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas.

The DST is not mandatory to upload drivers.

I uploaded the connector 1.1.7 and the driver for Zebra QL 420 without any problems. I marked as Driver addon and that's all.

What driver do you try to upload?

Best regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sascha,

the main problem is, i did'nt find a possibility to assign the uploaded driver to an application. If i was uploading the driver as driver addon (in this case the driver for an zebra printer QL440 - i hope the driver of QL220 works), the driver isn't visible in the component list. How i can assign the driver to a application? Where i can find my driver at the web console?

Thanks a lot

Andreas Dommes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

In the webconsole when u say "Add Entries", when u select the F4 help for Mobile Component, a new popup window opens up, here u can see the whole of components uploaded.

But the drivers can be seen under a different tree structure which is after the mobile components. You need to expand this tree to view the drivers. This is always a collapsed tree, hence u must not have seen it. Please check it out.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

In order work with PIOS, you need to know how to deploy and assign the driver to the user...

Deploying a driver follows the same procedure as you deploy your application in the web console, only thing it differs is that you need to specify the Application type as "ADD-ON" instead of "APPLICATION".

After you have deployed your driver, which is a file that you can download it from

service.sap.com, you need to assign it to a user or a role or a device.

You can see the deployed driver as an MCD that is listed along with other MCDs in the webconsole.

Now, you need to assign this MCD to your target user or a role or a device who uses this driver. This follows the normal procedure as you assign your MI Application to the Users.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello B.Maheswaran,

i'm thinking, we have diffrent systems, because you wrote about the MCD on the web console. I'm using a WAS640 and a MI2.5 SP16. I could not find the MCD on the web console. Can you tell me step by step, what i have to do to deploy the connector and the driver.

a) have i deploy the connector x.zip as ADD-ON on the web console?

b) have i deploy the driver y.zip as ADD-ON or DRIVER-ADD-ON on the web console?

c) Where i assign the driver and connector to a client. On the web console, I can assining the connector only to a device, not to a user or to user role. But the driver (uploaded as driver add on) i couldn't find.

d) I have uploading the driver as DRIVER-ADD-ON on the web-console, but i can see the driver only on the middleware in transaction "MCD".

e) What i have to configure, after i have deploying all successful? Or it is working without any configuration?

Tanks a lot

Greetings

Andreas Dommes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nameeta,

i can't find a special section for selecting drivers in the popup window, you means. There are only a section of mobile components and a section of device configuration (which is empy), altouth i have uploading the device driver as driver add-on.

Greetings

Andreas Dommes

Answers (0)