cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC: Interface in the Backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

how must declared the definition of an rfc interface? is it an difference the definition is like or type? if i call an interface to xi and i have declared the interface with "type" i get an error "server can not generate template". if i call an interface declared with "like" it is ok. can you help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Check

AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER

SAPSLDAPI

LCRSAPRFC

If they are ok, do a full data cache refresh. Also check on this thread..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

every Connection is OK.

The rfc is correct. i have develop another rfc, very simple and i test this rfc. at first time it work's correct. if i changed the interface, i renamed the name or i changed the structure, the XI know's allways the old the name, the old structure.

cheers anton

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try restarting the RFC Adapter service in Visual Admin? If not please try that

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

it seems I have the same problems. Have you found a solution.

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

it seems the definition of the interface was incorrect. Here the developer has defined much fields with type STRING, than type CHAR512. Since he has define the fieldes in the correct type an length we haven no problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Check your password for the RFC metadata Repository Parameter

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

i have restart the RFC-Adapter, and the Logon Data for the Repository is correct.

Cheers Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i show in the SXI_CACHE i think the cache had a problem with the refresh. i think the old data is always in the cache and it does not refresh

Cheers

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Could you test your AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER connection in sm59?

Go into SM59--> TCP/IP connections --> AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER, and test the connection.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do it in the XI and the connection is OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anton,

When sending data to XI you should declare empty RFC with Structure you want to send in Export, then you should fill the structure and call the function with "destination" to XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dmitry,

i do that so, but the XI send the message "can not generate template". If i changed the RFC, the XI get the old structure. What is the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please reimport RFC in integration repository, afterwards activate, deactivate and one more time activate your communication channel in integration directory. RFC metadata are cached.

Regards,

Wojciech

Message was edited by:

Wojciech Gasiorowski

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you reimport the RFC again into the IR? if not please do that and also check the mapping if that is perfect. Also try clearing the cache SXI_CACHE / CPA cache. If you still face the problem restart the RFC Adapter service in the visual admin.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

i reimport the rfc more times and that has no effect. i call another rfc on the communication canal and i have the same effect. Can not generate template. i reduce the name of the rfc-name since it is 10 characters long and than it is ok for 1 times. after the first call he has the import parameter in the cache and this import parameter is allways the same. at first time i have get the structure t001, this is ok, than i get the structure t001w and he has allways the structure t001 in his description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please to restart your communication channel. It should help.

a) deactivate channel, activate change

b) activate channel, activate change

The same effect you should achieve refreshing CPACache

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deactivate the interface and the RFC-channel. if i send the rfc from the backend to the xi, i get the message "program MSI_ARGOS not registered". then i activate the interface and the RFC-channel. then i get the message again "server repository could not create the function template". if i refresh the cash with the transaction SXI_CACHE i have no effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check what you can see in your adapter monitor(Runtime Workbench->component monitoring->Adapter Engine->Adapter monitoring).? Now it looks like your RFC adapet cannot read metadata, so please verify your logon.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the Logon Parameters to the repository, but this has no effect. the name and the password is right. i have checked this many times

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What can you see in adapter monitor?

Maybe user which you are using to read metadata is not authorized to do it?

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the adapter monitoring the rfc adapter writes no logs. but in the kommunicationschanel-monitoring the RFC is green and the logon is correct. i get the errors from the call from the backend.

here " Error: 2006-11-15 17:00:19 CET: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (123) JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND: Server repository could not create function templat for 'Y_EGV_DSC_MSC_ORDER_ARGOS' caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: - 128"

Former Member
0 Kudos

the user who read the metadata am i. i have sapall, sapnew.