cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore System State problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There were some changes done to the Runtime Systems of a track and were saved. When performed a Restore System State, it kept runnning for a very long time and so the server was restarted and tried it again. After the third server restart, in the queue, it shows the status as import running.

Since the Restore System State is initiated once, the compartments are empty, so existing DCs do not appear anymore.

Does anybody has an idea whats going wrong and how to delete the queued entries and do a successful restore system again?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE 11/13: Left for a day running, now I can atleast see the developed DCs in the compartments but still not JTECHS/JBUILDT/JEE DCs. I managed to unqueue them and started the import again. It still seems to be taking quite some time.

Thanks a lot,

Rajit

Message was edited by:

Rajit Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

if you restart the server on which CMS is running then whatever CMS reports in the WebUI may be completely wrong.

Saving a track on CMS basically means that both buildspaces on CBS will be deleted and recreated. The Restore System State simply re-imports the archives that were in the deleted buildspaces into the recreated buildspaces.

If the buildspaces do exist on CBS you could try to import archives directly. Just re-add them to the import queue (e.g. from the history) and then import them one by one. Check the import log in CMS and compare to the CBS WebUI (buildspace should switch to PRIVILEGED mode, there should be an import request, etc.)

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your attention. I did exactly the same. But the problem is, the import just seems to run indefinitely.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

just as a quick checklist: does anything happen on CBS?

Is the input mode set to PRIVILEGED? If not there's some communication problem between CMS and CBS, check logs for HTTP timeouts or similar issues.

Are there any requests queued, but not processed? If yes, is CBS set to idleStart=true in the service properties?

Is there maybe not enough diskspace available, or is the temp-space for CBS on a RAID 5 that could explain poor filesystem performance?

Is the database on the same machine, is there maybe some problem there?

Does the default trace in the log viewer show any issues with the engine installation?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

The input mode is set to PREVILIGED and the requests seem to go on. Funny thing is the mode is PREVILIGED even after the server was restarted. I unlocked the imports in CBS webgui, changed the mode to OPEN and started import again.

And currently, its undergoing an upgrade (started today) and i'll keep you posted if i still face the issue when its back up again.

Thanks,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this issue solved ??? if so pls let me know how