cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - SLD Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning to setup a Solman for a large system landscape of nearly 150 systems consisting of both ABAP & Java. System information will be collected by means of using SLD in Solman.

Issue: Few systems are part of another landscape also and they do REPORT to its own seperate SLD.

As per the new Solman setup I want the systems that belong only to my landscape to report to the SLD of Solman. How do I do that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My understanding is that you want only systems which are in a speacific landscape to use your SOLMAN SLD setup.

1.Host all the new systems(not a part of any other SLD) to your local SLD on SOLMAN

Hope you know how to do it.If not feel free to ask.

2.If you dont want other landscape system to use earlier SLD .Then you can actually remove them from there and add to your SOLMAN sld

3.From doing step 1 and 2 .Go to visual admin .In the server node go to services.Expand it and then go to SLD data supplier and give the details of SOLMAN (on which you have configured the SLD).

4.Perform data transfer test.If its successfull .Your Job is done

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make my question simpler!!!!

I do have a SLD1 and systems A,B,C is being connected to it.

Now I have one more SLD2 which comes along with SOLMAN. I want only system B to additionally report to SLD2. I can't remove the system B from SLD1.

How do I do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathan,

Please see the <b>Planning Guide - SLD</b> available on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com. Specifically see the Notes referenced in section 3.2.4, <i>How You Can Handle Possible Changes to Your SLD Strategy</i>. Note 936318 - Splitting an SLD instance.

Best Regards,

Matt