Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/Disable Print button on the Adobe form for my user

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How do I Hide/Disable my print option for the user viewing my Adobe form shown using WD for Java application.

Regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Please have a look at the <a href="https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04s/SPS7/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/pdfobject/api/package-summary.html">PDF object API</a>. There is a "printNotAllowed" option (WDInteractiveFormPermissionModes.PRINT_NOT_ALLOWED).

Regards,

Philipp

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply.. antooze John & Philipp, I shall get back soon after doing it.

Regards,

Murali.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to use both of them. Might be I am not doing it the right way. Can anyone help me out by guiding me. All I want is just a simple PDF form with either no Toolbar or simply hiding print button. The responses were good, but I dont know how to use them.

I am on NW04s SP8.

Regards,

Murali.

Message was edited by:

S Muralidaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Please have a look at the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e1/fd9841e2ebb05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">HideReaderToolbar</a> UI element.

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boyz,

Sorry to interrupt in between...just wanna know if the same is possible in ABAP WD's...Bcos it's a very common requirement...

And I dont find this UI Element HideReaderToolbar in ABAP WD Dev environment...

I tried using this script in the all possible events of the form

app.eval("event.target.SAPToolbarHide();")

and even this also...

app.eval("SAPToolbarHide();")

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja Sekhar,

This object is not available anymore in Designer 7.1. This setting can now be achieved through a web dynpro (Java) API (interface <a href="https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04s/SPS7/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/adobe/pdfdocument/api/IWDPDFDocumentAppearance.html">IWDPDFDocumentAppearance</a>). In web dynpro ABAP you would need to use the method handler of the <b>InteractiveForm</b> UI element (IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL, SET_HIDE_TOOLBARS).

Regards,

Philipp

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Raja,

Here you Go....

You can hide the toolbar using method SET_HIDE_TOOLBARS of the UI element interface InteractiveForm IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL:

lr_method_handler->set_hide_toolbars( abap_true 😞

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

I got it by doing this:

1. In Adobe Interactive Form editor I added a simple button.

2. I setted it as "invisible"

3. I edited its "calculate" event by writing:

var stopToolbar = app.setTimeOut("app.eval("SAPToolbarHide();");", 1);

That's all, hope it is of your help!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the object 'Hide Reader ToolBar' under Library>Webdynpro. Can this be of any help ?

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do try this java script command for the respective buitton -

<b> app.hideToolbarButton(“<i>ButtonName</i>”)</b>

Hope it may help.

Do update, once you are successfull

Regds,

Anto.