cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to unistall WEB AS 6.40 Sneak Preview...

Former Member
0 Kudos

My companies system landscape has recently changed (in particular our network domain has changed!) over the holiday period - unfortunately it now seems that it is impossible to uninstall the Sneak preview of web AS 6.40 from my client pc.

Is there any way to manually uninstall this software - or alternatively get past this error??

This error is preventing our install of the client ramp-up software - and so is really holding things up. We are considering a full OS reinstall... any alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The error I get is shown below:

ERROR 2005-01-19 17:26:59 [synxcuser.cpp:937]

CSyUserImpl::isExistingOnOS()

FSL-01001 Unable to check existence of account DOMAIN\USERID. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

WARNING 2005-01-19 17:26:59 [iaxxccntrl.cpp:474]

CController::stepExecuted()

The step AddPrivilege with step key Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|AddPrivilege was executed with status ERROR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julian, eventhough the landsacpe has changed, discuss with your client a temporary rename and execute the uninstall accordinly. Otherwise I do not see how this can be done correctly. Tiest

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error that you are receiving 'The account may be locked out.....' is because you are not logged on the same domain as the machine you are trying to access. You too would have to be in the same domain as the server is on.

The second alternative is to run uninstall from the server itself.

Best wishes,

Sumith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its as I feared then - and time to reach for the windows install discs... No chance of temporarily renaming our domain (its for the whole company...) thanks for your assistance.

Answers (0)