cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Install Ping RFC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am installing SAP and now in the DB Instance which is failing at 90% with an error:

RFCRSWBOINI_IND_IND CRfcPing

Pinging of RFC destination failed.

I am able to browse to SAPTRANSHOST, which may not be relevent to this question, and I am not sure what is going on. Also the Central Instance is running. Any ideas?

Thank you much,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> which release do you install?

-> all work processes including the message server are running?

-> are you able to login into the sap system?

-> by browsing to saptranshost you mean you can ping it or what?

a common error when trying to rfc the sap system during the end of the installation results in the sap system not properly started (or not started at all!)...so you would have to start the system yourself and restart the phase/installation...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using 4.6c SR2 install. I can browse to SAPTRANSHOST by browsing the network name and pinging it. There was some worker processes that did not start so I started those and was able to continue to the next step but a similiar error is appearing with the DDIC under the step "Creating Database-Specific Objects with RFC"

Warning: RFCRADDBDIF_IND_IND CRfcPing

Pinging of RFC destination failed.

Thoughts?

Thanks again

0 Kudos

That's the same error as before, please check Andreas answer. Is your system running at all? Are you able to log on?

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

saptranshost is "just" a line within /windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts or an entry in your dns...so this just means that you can ping your server...not your running sap system (= sum of all work processes and other services..)

-> check system status in sapmmc

-> if necessary start your sap system

-> if problems occur, plz let us know!

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback. I have checked the sapmmc and it shows green and is running. I can logon to the system. However, I still cannot seem to get past the above error in the DB install. Can I ignore this at this point of the install which is at 93%? Also, we will be restoring our production database to this landscape like a system copy so do I still need to be concerned with the above error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this step the installation creates an RFC connecting to the central instance using ABAP user DDIC in client 000. You have to specify the right passsword for this user.

There are several reason why this step is not working:

1. wrong password for DDIC user

2. if you are not asked for the password try to change it in client 000 to 19920706

3. ci not started, this is the most common error on installations where CI and DB are installed in separate sessions. Most installers oversee in the MNLS the request to manually start the CI before proceeding.

4. CI/DB version combination not vaild (the used dbsl does not support your database version - start transaction sick)

5. CI server host is wrongly specified in the database instance installation, therefore the installer tries to contact a wrong host.

In theory it would be possilbe to skip this step, but you then have to run the RFC job manually in the system - and I dont know exactly which report is called with which variant.

regards

Peter

0 Kudos

The last time I had this problem I just went to SE38 and executed RADDBDIF and RSWBOINI manually, both had no variants way back in 46C. However, it was the last 2 steps r3setup had to do, and I am pretty sure that in modern releases there are some more steps after these two, so in general it is easier to find the root cause (Peter described already the most common issues) for the problem, fix that and finish the installation the way it is supposed to

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope u didnt changed ur default password of DDIC .first u login to newly installed sap system with sap* and the password which u given at the time of installation..then u execute r3edit.exe which will be in users folder(path will be most probably c:)..there u select there desired phase and continue.hope this will solve the issue

Regards

umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of all the utility is called r3sedit.exe, second you can also use it to start the installation, third you need not have to select the phase in order to run it.

the checkbox in front of an installation step in r3sedit indicates if this step was already executed successfully (checked).

you can use r3sedit to mark steps as executed or not yet executed by checking or unchecking the step. But you should only do it when asked for, otherwise the installation may miss something.

regards

Peter