cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing TP.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed WAS 6.20 in my computer and was trying to configure the transport system. While using transaction STMS I got an error. I ran the report RSTMSPT and the report tells me that tp.exe is missing. Installation went ok, so I don't know how this happened. Has anybody encountered this problem? Is there a way to add tp.exe separately? I have a file in the home directory called tp.pdb? What is that file used for?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying you don't have the tp.exe program at all?

I guess you can update your kernel to get it...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The answers given by few people are correct and able to solve this missing TP.exe. This issue should be closed.

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if your tp.exe is available in your kernel dir. If yes, check if DIR_TRANS is set correctly.

If it's not available, go to the SAP marketplace, download the latest tp.exe, r3load.exe, r3trans.exe for your SAP release/OS/DB combination and copy them to the kernel dir.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter gave the good answer, and I just give more details.

So, I had the same problem as Hari (missing tp.exe in miniwas 6.20). Note: Miniwas installation was perfect, it was well running, but when I wanted to transport, surprise tp.exe not there (nowhere on hard disk)!

What I did (thx to Peter), I went to http://service.sap.com/swdc (with my OSS user), looked for "kernel". I got a list of kernels among which there was KERNEL 6.20 32-BIT.

Then I went deeper up to the windows / database independent kernel:

SAP KERNEL 6.20 32-BIT
|__ Windows Server on IA32 32bit
     |__  Database independent

And you get a list of programs to download, among which there is:

tp_1943-10001664.SAR

(note: SAR files are SAP compressed files)

Download it to your computer

From the windows explorer, look for the miniwas main directory (it contains programs disp+work.exe or sapcar.exe for example), right-click on it and choose "open command window here", and run this commande:

sapcar -xf TP_1943-10001664.SAR

It's done...