cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade SAP Kernel in clustered environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a SAP R3 4.6 C installed on cluster environment, such that if one server goes down, the second clustered server takes the charge of all the resources from failing server. Also I have 6 application servers.

This is the reason, I have to mantain the SAP exe files in /exe/run on the 6 different application servers seperately. My question is: If I have a shared directory for exe files on central instance, and it goes down, then the 6 application servers will lose connection to those exe files. Then, how should I then connect these 6 apps servers to exe files of the 2nd failover clustered server?

So please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Is your cluster installed on virtual hostnames? If so, then the app servers should easily connect to the failover server, as it should have the same (virtual) hostname.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. The cluster is installed with virtual host. But unfortunately we have all exe files seperately on different 6 app servers. Should we NFS mount the exe directory on all apps server. Is NFS mounting sufficient or there are any additional steps to done. I heard that we have to activate sapcpe on the apps server.

Also after the kernel upgrade, do we have to distribute it on all the apps servers. Can you kindly guide me in this issue.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

NFS mounting is not used. Program sapcpe will synchronize the locally loaded executables. See: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4f/37783021fc11d288cd0000e83539c3/frameset.htm.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt. My problem is solved.

Answers (0)