cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM customer extension items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to store some additional data for equipment characteristics from the MAM2.5 screens and send this through to R/3 for update.

I would like to use the customer extension item 180 of MAM25_031 to do this.

I have the following problems though:

1) The standard interface Mam031Item180 does not contain the set methods for these fields.

2) The MeRepMeta.xml has the fields as non-modifiable.

3) The SyncBo definition on the MI sever has a MAM25_031_CHANGE BAPI but the customer extension fields are not mapped so data is not sent through to R/3.

I an get around 1) and 2), but I am not able to map the fields myself in the SyncBo as I get message "The name MAM25_031 does not start with either Y or Z"

Does anyone know how SAP expect us to use these customer extensions given the above problems?

Thanks for your help,

Denis.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

how important for you is MAM version?

MAM3.0 SR3 which is going to be released in about two weeks time have two features that might be usefull to you:

1. User can change/create technical object (and changing characteristics is one of them).

2. Problem you desribed with custoemer extension tables not mapped in change and create bapis is fixed.

Cheers,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Larissa,

I had heard this though I have not had an opportunity to see if our requirement is completely met by MAM3.0

Unfortunately we are committed to going live with MAM2.5.

It looks like I will have to pursue this through OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Just for your information, as far as I know MAM3.0 will be in unrestricted shippment in January. If you are still in development it might make sense to wait for a couple of weeks. Newest functionality regarding tech.objects includes:

Master Data change:

• create equipment based on template (set on the backend for different equipment types) or the last locally created equipment

• change equipment downloaded to the device

• change functional location downloaded to the device

• add partner to functional location or equipment

• single/multiple characteristic change (not all is supported at the moment, ex. Ranges are not)

• change fucntional location user status status

Cheers,

Larissa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello larissa,

Will MAM 3.0 only be gerneral available in january 2007 instead of end november 2006?? I'm really waiting for it and counted on end of november...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I remember end of November is when MAM3.0 SR3 is going to be released. I am not sure about MAM3.0 unrestricted shippment dates though. If it is November 2006 or January 2007.

Everybody who can answer is not avialable at the moment. If you send me an email (so that I don't forget) I will find out.

Cheers,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just confirmed that MAM3.0 will be generally avaibale from the end of November.

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

For the problem number 3 you can copy the syncbo MAM25_031 and make the necessary mappings in the new syncbo.

after copying perform the following steps

1) Make the extra column mappings.

2) In the MAM application change the meRepMeta.xml,com.sap.mbs.mam.bo.impl.syncbonamelist and mapping.xml file to point to the new copied SyncBO

3) Add the get and set property for the new fields in the bo class.

Thanks

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Its a good suggestion and something I already looked into.

However the problem with this approach is that the SyncBo has cascading relationships (both parent and child).

If I copy the SyncBo the relationships (defined in other SyncBos) will still point to the original MAM25_31 SyncBo.

Thanks,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

you are right

but there is no harm in copying all the syncbos and changing the cascade relationship to the new syncbo name

i have tried this way and it works fine

you can give it a try

Thanks

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gopi,

I will give that a try.

I just worry about the implications for SAP support if I copy all SyncBos.

Thanks,

Denis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I have the same requirement, apart that it is for functional locations item 170, but I'm having trouble testing my new syncbo using merep_emulator. It seems that most of the time, the change method is not being called. Furthermore when it is called, all parameter tables are empty, apart from the funclocID.

(When I sync from the frontend client to the middleware, the changed data is sent to the middleware)

Can you answer following questions please:

1. What is the right sequence to test the syncbo using merep_emulator. (can I pick any message from any device?)

2. How can I make sure the change method is being called.

3. How can I test AND DEBUG the syncbo using merep_emulator

Many Thanks in advance

Karst

Message was edited by:

Karst Terburg