cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Crash - Customer w/o backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

At a customerproject no backup procedure was implemented ( not my call ) for the central SLD (implemented on a Solution manager system 7.00 )

As one could expect the system crashed and the SLD could not be restored, but

all sw components and tech.sys/buss.sys has to be created again manually.

But the new components, although created with the same names, all gets a new GUID - so the connection to the sw objects imported into the XI repository are completely lost. If you try to import from SLD - you actually get new empty components with the exact same name - but with new GUID's - along side the original ones.

Is there any easy way reconnect your XI repository objects to the right SLD sw components? ( before I start the cumbersome task of transfering all objects one by one to the new sw components )

txh and best regards

Bjarne Kristiansen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have to create an SWCV in SLD which is already existing in IR, you have to apply the GUID from the existing entry.

You can do this in SLD under administration -> content maintenance.

As this is a severe risk of producing inconsistencies inside the SLD, this should only be done be experienced guys.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Thx for answering.

I did figure out how to update the GUID in the SWCV content - but found it to risky and possibly inconsistent, just to update manually - one by one.

I also tried to experiment with the migration tools ( complete export/imports ) -

but it did'nt do the trick - So we ended up reinstalling and recreating the repository and directory.

best regards

Bjarne Kristiansen

Answers (0)