cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - BPM Split Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am doing some BPM and I have a scenario where we send a message into BPM and I need to split the message.

The Source Message has Header, Account and Details

I want to split this so one message has Header and Account

The other Message has Header and Details.

I have done message, types, mapping etc for all of these but my problem is how to split the message once it comes into BPM.

The way I have done it so far is.....

RECEIVE --> Transform1 --> Transform2 --> SEND

Under Receive Step I have not defined anything.... Should I?

Under Transform1 Step I have the interface mapping from Source to Account

Under Transform2 Step I have the Interface mapping from Source to Details

Under Send Step I have not defined anything.... Should I?

Does that look like it should work? Is there a way to test this with out configuring the the Integration Directory....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyways if you are planning to use BPM proceed like this:

1) Receive (receives the message, specify the outbound interface)

I Dont have the option for specifying this.... When I double click on message in the properties box I just get a screen come up and and a greyed out box that say interface variable.....

2) Transformation (1:N mapping you are doing, so when you create Message Mapping, Go to the third tab named messages and include both the target Message Type there. And use the same MM here in transformation)

So you are saying this part should be done in the design repository under message mapping? What about interface mapping here or is this not necessary?

3) send1 (send MT containing Header and Account to one interface/Service)

The send step should be twice... they are in a horizontal line in the bpm diagram is this ok or should it look like it is split.....

What I mean is this..... Transform->Send->Send

4) send2 (send MT containing Header and Details to second interface/Service)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend first go thru the

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/31/a4f505acf3af47a38c2f8a6bd1e0e0/frameset.htm">Defining a step</a> page and <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/dcef46dae42142911c8f14ca7a7c39/frameset.htm">step types</a>

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for that... I really appreciate it... I was looking for such a thing but for some reason couldn't find it...

I don't know where the points have gone to reward you?

P.S. If I am not getting any option in the receive step, could this be an issue with the XI Installation?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Points I think everyone is having trouble with that... I think it will be rectified soon...

BTW regarding XI installation, if you are not getting anything that might be some installation problem or if you are not creating variables or some missing abstract interfaces ´can also result in this type of problem... So first coming to a conclusion go through the links which I have sent...

Regards

Suraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Does that look like it should work?

no, as you need 2 send steps to send both structures

(one send step can only send one structure)

as Suraj said

>>>>Is there a way to test this with out configuring the the Integration Directory....

no, you need to do directory part too

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you won't be needing BPM for doing this scenario.

Anyways if you are planning to use BPM proceed like this:

1) Receive (receives the message, specify the outbound interface)

2) Transformation (1:N mapping you are doing, so when you create Message Mapping, Go to the third tab named messages and include both the target Message Type there. And use the same MM here in transformation)

3) send1 (send MT containing Header and Account to one interface/Service)

4) send2 (send MT containing Header and Details to second interface/Service)

Then create the coresponding entries in Configuration.

Regards

Suraj