cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to backend system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a EP 6.0 SP2 P4 H7 running with Visual Composer 6.0 P2. This configuration i working fine.

I have installed EP 6.0 SP10 P1 and trying to use Visual Composer 6.0 P2.

I can connect to the portal, but when I make a search in the SAP System I get the message: "Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges."

The system definitions in the portals is equal, the user mapping is the same, the user is the same and the SAP System is the same.

I can connect to the SAP System from the portal if I use the SAP Transaction tool.

Any suggestions?

ce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabi,

We're in buisness... I'm able to conect via VC and create content.

Thanks.

Eliad

Former Member
0 Kudos

verify that:

1. portal has the compatible addons to the visual composer patch level

2. The system in the portal has an alias and user mapping

3. you have no problem creating an iview based on that system from the portal.

If all of these are checked, and the problem is still not solved, please open a csn message.

Gabi Koifman

Dev. support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wer'e having exactly the same error connecting to R/3 from VC. Any resultion to this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Eliad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got the same problem as Claus : I can't connect VC to an R/3 backend system.

I can select a system but when I make a search, I get the following error : "Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges."

In the portal I have created the system and the alias. In the portal <i>User Administration -> User Mapping</i>, I have checked that the mapping between my user ID and the R/3 user ID is done (Same user ID).

As described in the online SAP Help, I have defined the logical system in the R/3 table WP3ROLESYS.

I don't know what to do anymore.

thank you for helping.

Marie

Lisi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

Please check the connection to your system in the portal:

Right click on the system and select Open -> Connection Tests

Check the "Connection test for connectors" checkbox and click on the test button.

If the connection failed, check your system properties, alias and user mapping again.

If the connection succeeded please open an OSS message and our Dev Support will try to help you.

regards,

Lisi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi claus

not sure about this but if you are using user mapping for connection to backend system make sure you have mapped your user in user administration/mapping as well as personalize.

hope it helps

regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Rahul.

Yes, usermapping is set to both admin and user. I've checked and tried to set the usermapping using the admin part... still no luck.

Lisi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Which version of portal add-ons did you install?

Regards,

Lisi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisi

Thanks for replying.

Patch 2, i think, the timestamp is 6.20.20040913130021.0000

Regards

Claus