cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing between iView and nested iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to make an Event between an iView and an nested iView. I followed the instruction on page 164 in the reference guide and tried some other things, but it doesn´t work. I make an output Port on the one side, there i could select the fields to be displayed. But when I compose the Input Port , there are no field to see.

So what make I wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gerhard_lang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

the main thing about the desired eventing seems to be that when you have placed your data service in the nested iview you have to create a signal-in port<b> by pulling a data connection out of the input port of the data service</b> to create the input-port of your nested iView. Only this way, the port is filled with the input data of the data service.

Back in your main iView you can connect the data flow to the newly created port of your nested iView the same way as you connect to a data service. You then should see the input fields of the data service that you placed in the nested iView and be able to assign values to the input fields.

Hope that helps

cheers

Gerhard

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This document shows an example of how such an eventing is done between VC and a BEx Web template:

How to Integrate Visual Composer Applications and BEx Web Templates

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad182ac7-0a01-0010-4fb8-8a4...

This might help you understanding what you need to do with a nested iView in your Visual Composer application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I realized an eventing between two nested iviews over a signal in and signal out. In a third iview you can connect the two nested iviews over a line. Then you have to define the values which should be transfered. That's it.

Good luck!

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well guys. Thank you. It´works.