cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of comments field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I need to duplicate the comments field as i need four such fields in my ISR form.

I tried including it in the characteristics. but there seems to be a conflict with the data type. can you please specify the data type to be asigned to such a field.

Any pointers to this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Anto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using ADLC 7.1, then you have a special control introduced in <b>ISR CONTROLS</b> - <i>ISR Comments</i>.

Try this out and let us know if it still gives some problem.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I am already using that and that provided two fields Previous comments and New comments. with bindings for ISR_LONG_TEXT and ISR_NEW_LONG_TEXT.

I need two more fields similar to new comments field which is multi line editable.

if am using those comments filed again then there would be problem with binding. (as a single binding cannot be shared across ).

so in addition to the comments field am using a multi line edit field. but what data type should i provide (capable of handling pages of texts like the comments field.) for these two new fields in the scenario characteristics.

Hope the problem is clear to you.

Thanks and regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

True,You are right,Whatever Comments that you create those are refering to the generic ISR_LONG_TEXT and ISR_NEW_LONG_TEXT.

Yah, I got your doubt, now you want to create a Characteristic of Table type which should be capable of storing multilines like ISR_LONG_TEXT. But we cannot create a Characteristic of Table Type It can only be a DATA ELEMENT or STRUCTURE(if it Data Dictionary type).

Why dont you try creating a new IMPORT parameter of same data type of ISR_LONG_TEXT and ISR_NEW_LONG_TEXT in your INTERFACE directly and try revising the binding with your new fields? After activating the updated INTERFACE AND FORM, Please IMPORT THE FORM FIELDS in your Scenario definition. am sure this must work.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very true Raja. I tried it in the begining.... but on importing it says there are no fields in this form.

I copied the field and renamed it. but it says there are no fields to be copied. and the data enterd in the form is not getting updated to the field.

i will surely try again and update the forum. i wish i can get to know the characteristics of the ISR_LONG_TEXT field and make one of my one........

hope it won't be a wish for long .

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Why dont you raise an OSS message for this <b>IMPORT FORM FIELDS</b> Error?

BTW,Did you search for any <i>NOTE</i> in <i>service.sap.com</i>?

Keep us posted if you get any break-through.(I too tried the same scenario in my system and getting the same error)

BTW,Did you try creating a Data Element of String Type and create an attribute of this type and do the necessary binding to that Comments field ? Let us know if this works.(Sorry, I cannot try this and tell you the correct result because I dont have DEVELOPER RIGHTS to my IDES User id.)

Regards,

Message was edited by:

Kuncham Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried providing with all those data types... still trying.

I would like to know - how can we update the contents in the long text at the R/3 level as ISR_LONG_TEXT does not belong either to special data or general data.

i couldn't find any other FM's other than the standard BG FM's like ISR_PROCESS_EVENT and ISR_PROCESS_INTERNAL.

any pointers to this also will be really helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

Well, I used in my old client my own custom comments with Data Element(of CHAR256) Characteristic. So that shouldn't be a problem. But the only problem will be, the entire data that you enter will be displayed in a single line. Since I didnt have much time to R & D that time, I delivered it in the same way. But now, let's explore the correct solution together.

And you are right, till now I didnt focus on the way the data is getting updated using ISR_LONG_TEXT stuff at R/3 Level. Now, we will explore it and if we could find it we can get some idea regarding out current problem.

Coming to your function modules, why do you require these ISR_PROCESS_EVENT or ISR_PROCESS_EVENT_INTERNAL ?

If you wanna get to know function modules regarding this ISR Stuff generally, then you can find 19 Function groups that start with QISR...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raja,

i can't use char256 as i need to add pages of comments on my new fields just like we can add them in standardcomment fields.

i specified those two function modules as am more familiar with them and they retrieve the long_text data from those standard fields.

:)..

Thanks and regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh ok...

Our requirement was a simple comment like ...Loan granted due to good performance... which used to fit in CHAR256. So we didnt find any problem.

Did you try creating any Custom Data structure of String Type and use it here?

Yes, you are right, this will return the LONG TEXT DATA from those Standard Fields. But when I saw the entire coding of these FM's, I realize that the entire framework was build in such a way that only ISR_LONG_TEXT and ISR_NEW_LONG_TEXT can only be added to the long text internal table that in turn gets passed to ISR_CREATE_NOTIFICATION FM(which creates the NOTIFICATION). I tried checking QISR1 BADI's methods, but I found that none of the methods has these QISRLONGTEXT as a method parameter.If it was provided, then we can populate our CUSTOM COMMENTS into this QISRLONGTEXT manually from our CUSTOM COMMENTS FIELDS. But now, we have no solution in that way. So I feel exploring this way doesnt help us with our current scenario.

Now, we got to explore in a way where we can create a TABLE TYPE CHARACTERISTIC Element for a SCENARIO.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Eureka in doubt

I tried a data type of string kind and checked the long text check box in the the characteristic definition field in the QISRSCENARIO.

i tried with some long text and it worked fine.... now when am putting some 8 page text, an error comes sayng "500 internal error"... i think this error has nothing to do with the text field data.(may check at portal side).

if this works fine.. even if we need to use the comments data from the standard comments field. we may have to specify it through characteristics as the data can be accesed directly through special data.

another change applied was - instead of multi line text edit field fromt the ISR library, i used the long text edit field..

but i douobt if special data can accomodate such long texts :)(i doubt if the huge texts are causing the internal error. for 3 page texts its working fine.)... trials goin on ;)..

Thanks n Rgds,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

Well I think, finally I found the solution.

Store the data with reference to NOTIFICATION NUMBER as LONG TEXT.Here we got to populate the table TLINE with the Long text that comes from CUSTOM comments fields and pass this to the F.M. SAVE_TEXT (w.r.t. Notification Number) in the BADI - SCENARIO_PROCESS_USER_COMMAND.

Using this, you can store your comments as long text at the NOTIFICATION LEVEL itself.

If you want some sample codings on SAVE_TEXT w.r.t. Notification Number, let us know.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes raja... i will surely like to have those sample codings....

wat do you say, if it can be made as part of the characteristics itself.

isn't that more simpler........ (as i ve ponted out previously)

Thanks for the support.. hope to keep these long discussions in the long run for the various issues we face..

Happy weekend .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

Well, I was jus trying to give you a solution that would be more optimal...I mean you can create a characteristic of STRING TYPE and then convert it to long text in the BADI's method to avoid errors.

Anyways, I explored this method from my 4 hours effort as below...

I checked your FM - ISR_PROCESS_EVENT, this inturn calls ISR_PROCESS_EVENT_INTERNAL FM, this in turn calls ISR_NOTIFICATION_CREATE FM, this in turn calls ISR_NOTIFICATION_HEADER_CREATE FM, this in turn calls the form CREATE_ISR_NOTIFICATION,this in turn calls the form SAVE_NEW_NOTIFICATION, this in turn calls the FM IQS4_CREATE_NOTIFICATION, this in turn calls the form ADD_HEADER_LONGTEXT_F10, this in turn calls the FM IQS0_ADD_NOTIFICATION_LONGTEXT,this in turn calls the form

TEXT_ANLEGEN_F50, this finally READ_TEXT function module get's called.

Please make sure how the LONG TEXT has been transfered through these various calls...That's the reason I gave you the entire trace path.

So instead of using READ_TEXT function module, pleaes use SAVE_TEXT(This FM stores the Long text for a particular Notification Number).

I think this should solve your problem.

Am Sorry, our ADS has some problem, else I must have tested it on our system and gave you the confirmed result.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the string kind for my long text field. On clicking the 'Review' button, the a information message comes saying - ' Message limit exceeded. Remaining 11 errors not reported'. Kindly help me out.

This error mainly comes if the text used is of comparatively long lize (say 5 pages) or the format of the field is different.

Kindly help

Answers (0)