cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE application development in SAP web App server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally what kind of J2EE applications are developed and deployed to SAP web App Server? Can anyone give some examples of applications they deployed in web app server. If we have SAP enterprise portal for web application then what is the need for J2EE development? I'm confused or may be i'm missing some thing.

Thanks,

Kalpana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

Not everyone has SAP enterprise portal for web app. Suppose you are a developing a product(a j2ee application) for your client. Now this client finds a customer who is extensively working on SAP softwares and insists that this product or say j2ee application be deplyoed on SAP webAS , then you will have two options. either to do so or forget the customer.

so SAP came up with WebAS which is like any other Application server where you can deploy your j2ee application (any kind of ).

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

See this link for Sample J2EE application:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7d/cf0c8abcc34594ba9d3bbd5dd22155/frameset.htm

I will try to tell some usage of J2EE...

In portal using JSPdynpage(jsp,htmlb..etc) you can create the GUI.

In J2EE application(EJB) you can develop business logic and you can expose it as web services. Using that web service you can generate model in webdynpro.

And also you can call EJB application using JNDI look up from JSPDynpage or webdynpro.

offcourse you can develop all your business in JSPDynpage. its purely depends requirements where they want to keep business logic and what they want to use for building the application.

Finally SAP Enterprise portal is java based application. SAP web app server has both java engine and ABAP engine. so you can deploy both java and ABAP application. now java experts all use their java knowledge in SAP Netweaver.

Regards, Suresh KB