I am trying to add new portal in VS.net solution explorer

I am not sure what properties i need to give

Host - hostname

isSSL - false

password - ******

port - (tried both 50000 and 8050)

remember password - true

timeout -15

username - administrator ( this is my portal adminitsrator)

Can someone help me to sort out this issue.

cheers

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

let me know if u're runtime is up.

i'm having a few issues with it myself.

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have come across this issues lot of times and this are the following steps which i do after which i dnt get this errors

1)Goto support >>portal runtime>> and restart all the services for e.g like iviews etc

Then also if it does show the same error do a restart to the server itself, it will work definitely,but make sure u start up all the services after restarting the server.

Regards

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Port value should be set to 50000, as your Portal is running on this port.

If you want to test your Portal connection, do following:

1. Open Server Explorer window in Visual Studio 2003

2. Navigate to SAP -> Portals. Under Portals node you should see your portal's node.

3. To check a portal node connection status, select Refresh from the portal node context menu. If the connection cannot be established, an error message is displayed. If the connection is established, then your portal is available. Available means that the portal server is running, portal connection properties enable connection to the portal, and user authentication properties enable logon to the portal.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

Thanks for your reply, I dont know it worked now which didnt worked sometime back. I tried to deploy the portal application i am getting following error.. Can i know what is wrong with my portal.

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : PortalApplication4.PortalComponent1

Component Name : PortalApplication4.PortalComponent1

iView cannot display.

Could not connect to the .NET runtime server.

Contact your administrator if the problem persists.

Possible reasons:

1. The Portal Runtime for .NET service is not running or installed.

2. The .NET Runtime Servers Configuration property of 'iViewProcessorService' service is not correct. Check the syntax of server nodes, hosts and ports settings.

Exception id: 10:07_13/11/06_0002_7810250

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The error means that you succeeded to deploy the application, but you have a problem with .NET components processing. The error states that Portal could not connect to the .NET runtime server. Do following:

1. Verify that Portal Runtime for .NET service is installed and running.

2. Verify that .NET Runtime Servers Configuration property of 'iViewProcessorService' service is correct and configured to work with Portal Runtime for .NET service from step 1.

Regards,

Rima.

0 Kudos

Are you receiving an error when attempting to make this connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

I am not getting any error. Coz just a properties setting. portal is not becoming active.

cheers

ram

0 Kudos

I had an issue tonight of getting my portal destination to work. I was using VS 2003 with SAP PDK 2.0. I ended up not using the administrator account but used my userid & password instead but to get my account to authenticate to the backend I had to go through a couple of other steps...

Then in the Portal I had to create a new system that was a non-load balanced system to connect to on the ECC side. Within the sytem settings I had to set the Logon Method to UIDPW as well as define all of the other appropriate info for the system.

Then in the UME I selected my account and went to the User Mapping for System Access tab, clicked Modify, chose my newly created system from the drop down and keyed in my userid and password in the Mapping Data section. Userid in upper case.

Let me know if any of that is helpful...

- Derek