cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAU after importing Support Package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have changed some SAP standard before going-live, now, When I import some Support Packages, SPAM stoped at SPAU, inform me to make some ajustment, I found the some programs and functions were changed and need to be ajusted. I can change them, but I want to know how to test the correspond programs after ajustmet? Which program need to be tested? For example, I modified SAPMV45A and MV45ATOP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slash,

If it was you that amended the SAP objects, then you will know why and what you changed, so you should be able to decide whether the changes need to be redone in the new version. You can call the split screen editor and loads of other development tools from SPAU to help.

If you are the basis guy applying the support packs, and another group were responsible for changing the originals, then you need to get them to sort it out.

Cheers, Barry.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The SPAU phase of Import support package is basically try to lookout that is there any changes carried out in SAP standard code and that SAP standard code will be replaced by newer code during the import of new support package at that it will ask u that which version of code u want to take as it is in u r system.....

as for example....

suppose i have changed in one of the HR standarad report say its name XYZ(by giving key from SAP) and my patch for Hr is on SP18....but after some time if newer patch is arrived and we want to apply it...SP20...if that SP20 contains newer code of XYZ report ..then during SPAU it will check that u had already changed the code of standarad report XYZ so which one ui want to continue...and also u can adjust that changes in newer report also.....

Normally that task is performed by ABAPers only...

still Any douts then let me know...

If usefull then give reward points...

Message was edited by:

kamlesh kheradiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Slash,

Basically SPAU adjustments need to be done after Support package import is done completely.

Make sure you dont have any standard SAP object changes locked in a transport request. You need to unlock all such objects from the TRs.

Once you have done Support pack import then you need to do adjustment in SPAU(for program changes) and SPDD for (table changes).

Please award points for useful info.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

I am in the same situation here that how we unclok the request, i knew that object will unlock upon the release request, but is there any other way to unlock the object.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer ,

You can unlock the objects / request using transaction SE03 .

Regards ,

Santosh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Slash,

Read more about SPAU here,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/en/c8/61ec66e33611d1954b0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful