cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface View Controllers with Outbound and Inbound Plug Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem with interface view controller plugs that send parameters between interface view controllers. For example: The outbound plug in interface view controller A is sending a parameter to the inbound plug in interface view controller B. My question is how can I get the value sent to interace view controller B into its correspoding view? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

your scenario is implemented in my Web Dynpro sample application on <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/751d003a-0b01-0010-8996-afbaa3fd5339">cross-component Navigation</a>. Therein an integer parameter is transferred across component borders.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The scenario is that I have two components(using cross component navigation) inside of one DC where a outbound plug with a parameter is defined in interface view controller A and is triggered from view A. Then in interface controller B there is an inbound plug action which receives this parameter from interface controller A. At that point when interface inbound plug action is fired in interface view controller B, I do have the value of the parameter available in interface view controller B. I need to make it accessible in view B from interface view controller B. So how to get that value into view B after receiving it in interface view controller B is the question. Hope that makes the problem clearer.

I will look into the samples you posted in your replies and let you know what happens. Thanks again.

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

yes, the solution to your problem should be given in the Cross-Component sample; it is based on utilizing server-side eventing.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That was a good tutorial. It did allow me to figure out how to get the value over to the view using the Navigation Dispatcher. However, I still have one problem in the views onPlugFromDispatcher method where the value is received: I have to make that value available in the wdDoInit() method of the view.

EX:

public void onPlugInFromDispatcher(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, long pReqId )

{

//is there a way to get this value pReqId available in the wdDoInit of the view or do I have to map context between component controller and the view?

}

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can get the value by using dispatcher method.

Create an attribute in veiw and set it to that attribute.

Otherwise get the interface into i mean add properties of ur view and make it try to get the value.

I think first one should give the solution.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bertran, Lohitha, and Suresh for your replies. The problem was solved by studying Bertran's tutorial on cross component navigation.

Regards,

Brian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means u have two applications.

That scenario u want to send the data from one application to another I mean to say u have to pass the data from first application view to next application.

If this is the scenario u have to do like this.

Create an attribute in the interface controller in first and that interfacecontroller to be added in the second application controller/interface controller here u can mapped from the first application to ur current application and you can utilize but this one way only.

Otherwise u can see this ready use example u can get somethng.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km...

it might helps you.

Thanks,

Lohi.

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I looked through that tutorial but did not see an answer to my question. Thanks.