Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup trouble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with starting my NW2004s system after a sytem copy

Startsap reports the instance has been started and the databade is also up.

But I cannot start the gui, says connection refused.

The sappfpar does not report any errors.

How do I go about trouble shooting. Where do i start?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try installing again the GUI?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a memory issue, the OS ppl took care of it.

Thanks for all your replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabnam,

Can you please provide the information of your SAP , OS and database that you are using for Nw04s.

Incase if you are working with Unix flavour -

then fire the cmd-> ps -ef | grep sap . And you will get all the processes related to SAP (incase if it is running).

Incase if your on having Windows -OS then please go to task manager and in that go to processess tab and there you should find certain process with name disp+work , jlaunch , in the name of <sidadm> - so this indicated that atleast your SAP system is runnning.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to reinstalla the GUI software is the first possiblity to remove the error..

second one is can u please tell me u r going to connect through remote computer or on the same server...if u r connecting from the remote computer it might be a change in SERVICES and HOST file ..so for testing plz. do TELNET to the server on port 3200.

If possible then place the Message server log file for further analysis..

Dont forget to give reward points..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start by looking at the various log files, such as stderr, dev_w0, et cetera. Next, perhaps you could be a bit more specific in your posting about what happened, such as what steps did you take doing the system copy. Also, helpful would be to know the OS, Database and SAP version that you are working with.