Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Adobe forms in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a qn how to turn off the adobe forms in upgraded system 4.7 to ECC 6.0

In detail,

When upgrading to ECC6.0 the system is expecting to use the Adobe Forms solution instead of the old SAPSCRIPTS and since we don’t have the Adobe Solution installed and are not expecting to use it we need to make the old stuff work. Apparently the Sapscripts should work in 6.0 but we don’t know where to turn off the Adobe pointer and get back to the Sapscripts.

Please help me..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alekhya,

in mySAP ERP 2005, the default setting for all forms delivered by SAP is Smart Forms or SAPscript as long as one of these existed in the past. While about 650 Adobe-based print forms are shipped with ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0), they are shipped as additional content, which you need to activate actively through Customizing in the corresponding application. The procedure differs from app to app.

There are some new forms in ERP 2005 that were only created as aPDF-based form (no Smart Forms or SAPscript form available at all). There may even be the odd application where a Smart Forms or SAPscript form was replaced (highly unlikely). These are the only 2 cases where SAP Interactive Forms would be the default system setting. In such cases, you cannot revert to a SAPscript form.

If after checking your setup you still see this issue, I suggest you create a customer message on the component where your form is used asking this question in the proper channel.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Can not we avoid this situation?

more specific to the probem,

When using Tax reporter (PU19) gets message in the log unable to generate W-2 forms (Error in in generating PDF form: HR_F_W2_01). This form exists & we want to use existing sapscript / forms and not adobe forms. Since we have just upgraded from 4.6C to Ecc 6.0, I have a feeling there is some config missing.

We have not installed Java Stack & so we don’t use Adobe Document services at this point.

Please help me.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that Tax Reporter is the one component that has converted all their forms to PDF in mySAP ERP 2005 and is not shipping any other form anymore. This means you will have to use the Java stack with ADS for printing. This is definitely an issue for a customer message on the Tax Reporter component PY-US-TR. The corresponding documentation should list as a requirement the ADS.

Best regards,

Markus