Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync/async bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a scenario like:

webdynpro(webservice )->xi->File.

I used Sync/async bridge so that I can send a response back to the webservice(once the file is created). But the problem is it is takin some time for getting the response which is not acceptable in this case. So is there a way that I can get a response quickly or is there a way that I can do this with the synch/asynch bridge?

Or can somebody give an idea of how I can send an acknowledgement as a response to the webservice.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a huge file ?

Anyway file adapter does not support Application Acknowledgment, SO it is prefer to use Sync/Async bridge.. As you did.. But my question is- does it throw any error ?

If so, you can plan for deadline branch/exception/alert etc..Otherwise option if you want to make quickly, you may think of doing Java Proxy to dump the file instead of File Adapter... That time you may avoid BPM. As you can do Both synchronous call. But really I am not sure the response time

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Moorthy,

Thanks for the response.

It is not a huge file. And I am not getting any errors. The synch/asynch bridge is workin fine but it is takin some time and thats the problem.

As you said file adapter doesnt send the application ack, is there a way that I can use the transport ack as a response msg.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Naveen,

But how do I pass acknowledgement as a respone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could send a simple message back to the caller saying message revieved....

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

You can open the bridge recive the message, send an acknoldgement close the bridge and then do the rest of the steps asychrounously in the BPM.

this was you will get the response immediatly but dont have to wait till all the steps in the bpm are completed.

cheers,

Naveen