cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to non-SAP Communication Using Proxy Framwork

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While searching for the connection option for the B2B collaboration between SAP and non-SAP business system, i found that there are two ways we can do it.

One using Adapters and another using Proxy Framework.

In our case We are on SAP Enterprise and non-SAP business partners are using I2, legacy system.

They are not using Rosettanet PIPS, so I can not use RNIF or any other adapter for the inbound or outbound operation.

My question is If we use proxy framework, what needs to be done at the non-SAP business system . Do we need to install proxy runtime and how does this proxy runtime will communicate with the application in non-SAP system.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruby,

You can use proxies for communicating with ABAP 6.20 systems and above and for J2EE applications.

For B2B communication you would normally use an adapter for example plain HTTP, SOAP or RNIF ...

An alternative is to install the XI PCK on the partner side. The PCK is essentially a standalone version of the XI Adapter Engine installed locally at the partner. This enables a scenario where XI communicates with the PCK over HTTP and then an adapter (file, JDBC ...) is used to communicate with the legacy system and vice versa.

rgds Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your response.

we are already on WAS 620, If i can use,Which adapter will serve our purpose.

Apart from PCK is there any option which we can use to communicate with SAP to non-SAP business system(who is using its own prop. XML).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruby,

What adapter did you use to connect I2 system with SAP XI?

thx in adv

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pravenn,

Do you know which adapter is used to connect SAP backend to XI product configurator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruby M

You use proxy in case of SAP(620+)to SAP XI communication.

For XI to Legacy communication you can use any adapter suites your requirement.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your response. As i told that we are on SAP Enterprise, It is having basis release 620. we want to communicate with the business system which is using its own proprietary XML, So we can not use Adapter here.

What can we use here ?