cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04 Admin - CEN not available for CCMS monitoring - 640 SP 18 - Pl. Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have setup CCMS monitoring with RZ21 and have created my own monitoring set. CEN, Administrative SLD and NW Administrator has been set on the same machine.I went through the seven(7) steps of deploying the templates in NWA and checked that all of the services in J2EE Admin are up and running. When I go to monitoring, I can see all the Java Reports. However, when I go to either Central Reports or to availability, I am getting the message : "<b>Central Monitoring System is configured but not available</b> " in availability and "<b>System CXI is configured as CEN but is not available for CCMS monitoring</b>" which would mean that NWA knows that CEN (CXI) has been configured as CEN but is not visible from NWA. I went back and saw in J2EE Visual Administrator that the JCO services were all up and running.

Please help - I need it badly by today.

Saumyendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know this is an older thread but I recently had this or a similar issue as well. The problem was with authorization. On the ABAP side under ST22, I was receiving the following error:

The user "SAPJSF" attempted to execute a function module from the function group "SCSM_WEBADMIN", but does not have the appropriate RFC authorization. The RFC authorization object is S_RFC.

Once I updated the Role under SAPJSF to contain the function group listed above; the 'CEN not available for CCMS monitoring' went away.

Regards...

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install the csmconf into the Java Admin Console?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/37/af1640033ae569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004422742005E/XIMonitoringHowTo_01aSR.pdf

Create Agent Configuration File Call transaction RZ21 and choose Configure Central System > Create Start CSMCONF for Agents. Store the CSMCONF file on your local

hard disk.

On the J2EE Engine host, copy the file to:/usr/sap/CCMS/

<SID>_<InstNr>/sapccsmr/

The CSMCONF file contains all the information about the central system required by the SAPCCMSR agent registering at the CCMS system.

3. Register CCMSR Agent

a. Using the Visual Administrator

In the Visual Administrator, navigate to Cluster > dispatcher > Services > Monitoring and choose the CCMS Agent Configuration tab page.

Enter all required passwords and choose Register.

b. Register Agent Manually

To register the CCMSR agent manually, execute the command from the folder that contains the agent executable.

If you need to register the CCSMR agent to a CEN system, refer to the Appendix. sapccmsr –R –j2ee pf=<path of the instance profile>

4. Check Agent Registration

Call transaction RZ21. In the Topology section, choose Agents for Local System, and then choose Display Overview. The agent that was previously registered should

appear with the status online.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry

I had done all of these. As I said that I had setup the entiring monitoring in RZ21 and RZ20 from where I can see everything (all nodes) with my monitoring set. This appears to be some problem connecting between the NWA and CEN on the ABAP side. As I indicated before, it knows from the Admin SLD that CXI is the CEN, but does not know how to go there. I can see that all the JCO services are up and running.

Need help badly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had exacly the sameproblem (on SP15) until I imported and registered it into the Java Admin Console.

Sorry it didn't work for you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This registration you are talking about is in CEN - right? The others have been registered and I can see those in RZ21 under remote nodes -> agents. Anything else you can think about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry

A question for you - when you go to RZ21 for local agents who do you see as the responsible server. Is it remote?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set up this for each server, locally.

Then I set up my NWA on my Dev server. I can monitor every server in my Dev NWA.

Here is a problem analysis guide - of sorts!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/17/550c404a435509e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

I used this guide to setup my NWA:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000652453&;