cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 doesnot work in background for attaching files

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing an issue when I use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 to attach the original files from the network file server and /or Application server. When I run the program using this bapi in in foreground it is attaching the original file from network file server location and if I run in back ground it is not attaching, basically it is giving an error message saying 'FILE couldnot be checking and storing ".

Do any one have a work around for this. Any feed back will be greatly appreciable .

- Ramesh .P

Fujitsu consulting

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

to upload document files in background you have to install a SAP Gateway sever. Afterwards you have to create in TA SM59 a RFC destination to saphttp.exe on the Gateway server. Now you can upload files by using BAPI 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 by setting export parameter PF_HTTP_DEST to the created RFC destination.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

Thanks a lot for all of your response , However , I figure it out the issue. You can attach the original files in background only from the application server , So I have created an entry of path in the AL11 which points out the file server location and given a security to access that path .

It worked well now .

Once again thanks for all of your help .

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh babu Poolakkil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi : i have the same problm ,please give me the abap code , thanks very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Do you set the status to some "release status"? Please note that then you can't check in originals in background if you set the release status within one step.

Maybe you can give me the entered data for the BAPI. Then I would be able to check this in detail.

Best regards,

Christoph