cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to BAPI problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are sending a file using sender file adapter through PI into SAP system BAPI with receiver RFC adapter.

The input file is received in XI and we don't see any mapping done, but message mapping displaying as succefully delivered to SAP system.

We are using asynch call, no BPM involved. Its just File to RFC.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did the explicit commit, ended with error on adapter engine (eventhough message monitor has ok flag with success message).

Error: TYPE="E",Message(ID:SQ,NUMBER:045):"Date 00000000 is invalid",LOG_NO:,LOG_MSG_NO:000000 PARAMTER:,ROW:0,FIELD:,SYSTEM:)

Any idea?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you are not filling all mandatory fields for bAPI, please check it in your target system. But test tool may not help you because it's not making commit. Try maybe this solution with wrapper as Jakub mentioned.

Regards,

Wojciech

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Error: TYPE="E",

Might cause due to this also. kindly look into it

Aplication server is not configured proparly

this will be usefull

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e7e89032-0a01-0010-a397-926...

Page 31

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using standard BAPI /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE.

I'm not sure why we need to wrap it with remote RFC.

The mappings seems to be ok. I belive it is the commit that is not happening. We checked 'X' in I_COMMIT input parameter. If that is the case, do we need to explicty click the "commit handling for single BAPI" in RFC adapter ?

Is there any checklist for FILE->XI->RFC scenario?

Will it show on SAP system message monitor?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it's BAPI then you need this explicit commit. Each BAPI needs such commit. As Jakub wrote you can always create a wrapper which will call BAPI and make a commit.

Regards,

Wojciech

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting any error ?

1) check the mapping is working fine.. test the mapping with data from SXMB_MONI in the IR

2) Check all configurations like SM59/Adapter configuration etc.

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you make a commit after BAPI call.

There is a parameter in adapter which has to be set.

From documentation:

<i>"Commit Control for Individual BAPI Calls

If you want to use this communication channel to call BAPIs as remote-enabled function modules that change data in the database, set the indicator.

If executed successfully, the transaction is written to the database by calling the function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT explicitly. If an error occurs, the transaction is rolled back by BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.

The result is determined by the value of the field TYPE in parameter RETURN. If successful, the tables are empty and the values “”, “S”, “I”, and “W” are displayed. All other values are regarded as errors.

To change this setting, set the indicator BAPI Advanced Mode.

In the Successful RETURN-TYPE Values table, enter the values that should lead to a successful execution."</i>

Regards,

Wojciech

Message was edited by: Wojciech Gasiorowski

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a remote function module that wrap the BAPI up. In that function module you can invoke and commit BAPI.

regards,

Jakub