cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EJB developing in using NWDS with JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created EJB for client java proxy before creating DC.

but i can not check-in it.

do i have to create New DC? and then do i have to create EJB inside DC? or SC?

if i have 10 EJB and 10 EAR source in NWDS, do i have to create 10 DC for 10 EJB and then 10 DC for 10 EAR?

please guide me how to work in using NWDS with DC and DTR for CMS.

i just want to use NWDS with JDI in order to manage source

thanks

venjamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi venjamin,

there are more stages available using JDI (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/38/33eb9c3e1fe2409a9eba8246b933ca/frameset.htm">Working with the SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure</a>).

You only can use the DTR then no DCs and/or SCs are necessary.

But if you want to use the complete range of the NWDI you must use the component model. And if you use the componemt model then you are facing the question "Which granularity of DCs and SCs should I use". And in that case perhaps it's better for you to concentrate not each EJB in one DC. Best regards, Marco

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi venjami,

we are facing the same questions.

After a lot of time searching notes and forums it seams to me that a coarse grain design of DCs and SCs avoid some conflicts, because there are some restrictions with the component model.

For example no cyclic dependencies between DCs and/or SCs. No easy way to delete DCs. Renaming of SCs.

So how Pascal said, perhaps it's better to concentrate all beans in one DC. Best regards, Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you mean it's better moving my EJBs i created into one DC?

i can not move my EJB in NWDS to new one DC

how can i do that?

actually i developed 30 EJB in using NWDS without CMS, i have deployed those ejb to SDM via NWDS directly but now i am tring to use DTR in CMS.

so using DTR, do i have to <b>develope in DC</b> for developing EJB? or develope EJB without DC and then can i move it into DC? is it right concept?

please drop me on right direction

thanks

venjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should figure out if it is possible to combine multiple EJB's in one DC to lower the number of DCs you need to create.

Check the Online Help (http://help.sap.com) for in-depth guides.