cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can anybody of u plz send me some info regarding errors in support environment.u can send to this id:urbhanu09@gmail.com

thanx in adv

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate on what exactly are you looking out for !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anurag

Thakyou for your reply. can u plz elobarate what are the errors enduser may get . i want to know some examples regarding that (sap-sd).

Thanks&regards

Lakshmi narayana.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

There can be various type of errors, some few cases are listed below -->

1. User is not aware of the business process.

2. User does not have the right authorisation.

3. Lack of SAP Knowledge thereby does not know how to find the required document or information.

4. Bug in customized process(development)

5. Enhancement required in the business process.

Regards

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anurag

thankyou for your reply. Actually i want to know what the enduser get errors at the time of using the project(sap-sd) & how to solve those errors (some examples).

awaiting your reply

Thanks&regards

Lakshmi narayana.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anurag

what are the errors do you rectified in your support project.

awaiting your reply.

thanks in advance

lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There can be many different issues but they could easily be classified into the categories specified in my earlier post.

Example.

1. Someone coming back to us that they cannot create a delivery note for xyz company or cannot use VA01 transaction. Basically authorization issues...usually we analyse what rights he would require and pass on the same to basis team to give the adequate authorization.

2. Sometimes they are not completely aware of the business process leading to not performing a step which is required in the flow of material/documents and surely leading errors in subsequent steps. We need to figure out the same and take necessary action to fix the flow in some cases and surely get the user gear up to the correct process.

3. In many cases we have to analyse why a particular document was not created either manually or through automated process. Example be like why the delivery document creation failed ?

4. Cases are also raised related to customized development where it does not perform as required like a particular should have been in the report but is not there..or any sort of bugs etc. It requires to analyse the development and find the casue of the issue.

5. Enhancements..they usually contribute the most in support projects. I feel in software industry we cannot have a complete specification..something is surely misinterpreted or missed out, which is usually realised after few months of go live. They are usually classified as enhancements ..leading to small modifications or developments.

Regards

Anurag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

It would help if you could explain at what stage of the SAP career you are in; your current profile,etc.

Let me just give one or two:

users may not understand that there are header partners and item partners and raise an issue like: "I have been able to add a forwarding agent to my sales orders all these days but from today, i was not able to do so". All you need to do is - just check the partner determination procedure for SO - Header and item and clarify the user that she was wrongly trying to add this partner from the item partner screen - whereas she should try from the header partner screen. It really helps if you could take some time out to explain the user about this concept so that they are self equipped to handle such situations in the future.

more frequent ones would be the system maintenance requests like - new route determinations / workflow requests / year end activities etc.

Hope, this helps!

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can u clarify , in itemcaregory determination how "USAGE" is taken by the system.

is it nessesary to give(usage=free) when we use TANN itemcategory, for free goods.

2)is there is any difference in normal sales order templet & third party sales order templet.while we use trancode VA01.

awaiting reply.

thanks in advance.

lakshmi narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

if you are referring to the Item category determination table - yes! We need to maintain an entry for the combination of order type+ item cat groupusagehigher level item cat = TANN. This is because, when you maintain a free goods condition record, the system assigns a Usage as free for the free item and this helps during the item cat determination in SO using the above table. Hope, this is clear.

On your second question - this is managed more through the material master - if the item is externally procured and you want to have third party shipment - then you decide on the item category group accordingly - this will ensure the proper item category on the sales order - based on the item cat, your sched line category is determined, which is a third party sched line and this triggers a purchase req automatically.

Hope, this is clear too!

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LN,

the item category usage like FREE, PACK, TEXT, VERP etc are some times hard coded routines (ABAP/4 programs) which are internally set by the system.

e.g, the system uses TEXT if the user enters an item in inquiry or quotation by entering data in description field without specifying a material number.

FREE is used to control the free goods item.

Hope it helps, If it helps reward some points.

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i want to know how the system knows the USAGE when we determin item category

2)is there is any difference in third party sales screen and normal standard sales order screen(while typ tran code: va01)

awaiting reply.

thanks in advance.

Lakshmi narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

1) In Item category determination, In standard system the detemination for the Ietm Category is Hard-coded based on the following rule:

Sales Doc type + Item category Group + Useage + Higher Level item = Item category group.

Some USEAGE Types are hardcoded and system understands only them, for determining Item Category.

2) In VA01 Trans there is no difference between the sales order screen and that of the third party sales order. Based on the Third party Item category group system understands that the material is to be procured thr third party. In Std sales order there are 3 tabs in schedule lines a) Sales b) Shipping 3) Procurement.

In standard order we use Shipping Tab as we have data related to delivery scheduling. whereas in third party order since the material is not readily available with us and it needs to be procured first we use Procurement Tab. Once you save the sales order then go to VA02 Trans and go to schedule line you will find a Purchase Requisition being generated and you can get the PR no also.

Hope this helps you in understanding & calrifying your doubts.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The plant in sales order is taken from customer material info record (or) customer master (or) material master.my question is why the system searches for plant in the above sequence. and why the system searches customer material info record first.

awaiting reply

Thanks&Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The system will search only when it is <b>not entered manually</b>.

2. The thumb rule is <b>from most specific to most general</b>.

Thanks,

Ashish

Hi

The plant in sales order is taken from customer material info record (or) customer master (or) material master.my question is why the system searches for plant in the above sequence<b>(1).</b> and why the system searches customer material info record first<b>(2).</b>

awaiting reply

Thanks&Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi this is the standard functionality that is provided by SAP. when the customer orders for a specfic products it gets stored in the particular plant. hence when this product is used in Sales order, system will determine this plant.

If you do want to determine this plant, uncheck the "<b>read info record</b>" in the order type for eg., OR.

regards

Kamalesh