Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement in XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to implement in XI?

Posted: Nov 9, 2006 7:25 AM Reply E-mail this post

Hi All,

Can any one tell me the solution for the following problem: "One file contains all the information about all the movements/sales of the store. If a new file for the same store / date is put in the folder then it means that the movements resulting from the first file must be reversed, before the new (second) file is uploaded".

How to implement this in XI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Since the data you have (movements/sales of the store) is transactional in nature, I would recommend that you DO NOT implement the logic either in XI or the receiving application (although it is technically possible to do so).

My recommendation would be that you ask the sender application (the one sending the sales data file to XI) to check if the data is being sent again and if so then only send one final consolidated file of all sales/movements. This would ensure that only valid data goes through XI to the receiver application and does not clog either XI or the receiver application.

Regards,

Gaurav W

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally you can have a lookup table in the R/3 ..

So process all the files, Before processing the files check out does the data exists in the R/3 table ...So you need to do lookup for this.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Who is the receiver of the data?

If R/3 - you should implement it in R/3,

Generally you should overwrite the new data over the existing one - this should solve your problem(if I understood you right).

You can store the movements in XI Databases (similar to R/3), though implementing busines logic in XI strongly not recommended for performance reasons, however if you decide to, you can create a table in XI and store there your movements(exactly as in R/3).