cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a web-dynpro app which uses value help.

For a drop down ui element, I have created a simple data type in the local dictionary and the application works fine.

I have a question, how would the admin maintain the values. For example what if the value description needed to be changed or a new entry to be added to the description. These kind of changes needed to be facilitated without touching the application code and has to be done by the admin.

Can you also point me to some docs which talks about reading data from an external file within a web-dynpro application?

Thanks very much for your time.

Regards,

Munish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not matter which kind of value selector you use (simple dropdown, evs, ovs, custom...). The key is to modify the data at runtime which is displayed.

For dropdowns this can be done via the IModifiableSimpleValueSet interface (search the IDE help for more on this topic).

Regards

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your answers.

For the benefit of the people who wants to solve the same problem. This is what I did.

I placed the txt files containing the dropdown values under a folder from which I can access the file from webdynpro.

Used standard java.io clases line FileInputStream to read them in.

Used

ISimpleTypeModifiable repCompType =

repCompInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();

IModifiableSimpleValueSet repCompvalueSet =

repCompType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

Updated the valueset based on runtime events.

Thanks,

Munish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go thro' this link. and search for EVS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't want to touch the application then probably use Extented value help. In which data would be retried from sap table and displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Is there some documentation which explains this. Is there a standard way of doing this.

Can any of you let me know, how I can read an external resource within the web dynpro.

Thanks.