cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server does not start - jcontrol.exe stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have read a lot of messages on this topic on SDN. But I did not find any dealing exactly with my problem.

Indeed, I got these two following errors :

<b>** in log file dev_bootstrap</b> :

[Thr 3720] *** ERROR => JHVM_LoadJavaVM: Cannot create Java VM (rc=-6) [jhvmxx.c 485]

[Thr 3720] *** ERROR => Cannot load Java VM (server) (rc=-1) [jlnchxxi.c 591]

[Thr 3720] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode=-1)

and

<b>** in log file dev_jcontrol :</b>

[Thr 2288] *** ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode=-1) [jstartxx.c 1452]

[Thr 2288] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc=-1)

[Thr 2288] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = -1)

[Thr 2288] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=-1)

Does any one met this problem?

I thank you in davance for the help you could give me.

Regards.

Karine TAVERNIER

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

I can only thank you!

It was not easy to solve that problem, because people who installed that SAP instance has left the company, without having given any documentation or information.

Then, thanks to OSS notes 723909/716604/736557, I solved my problem.

What I did :

• As "my server" (MS Windows 2000) only got 500 Mo of RAM!, I must adapted some values, compraing with SAP notes.

• According to note 723909, for the dispatcher node, I increased the heap size to 70 Mo to 170 Mo .

• According to note 716604, for the serverID, I put the PermSize and MaxPermsize to 192 Mo.

I decreased the Max Heap Size from 256 to 128 Mo.

• And the most important to my mind, as described in note 736557, I suppressed in file <i>instance.properties</i>, the line <i>bootstrap.MaxHeapSize=0</i> (and not 16 as in note!).

Through the config tool, I put this value to 128 (instance node, instance_IDxx / Message Server & Bootstrap -> Max heap size).

Then, at last, the J2EE Server started.

I think some values may be changed to improve the respone time or the general behaviour of the application.

I hope this message may help some other people.

Many thanks.

Kind regards.

Karine.<i></i><i></i>

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karine,

I'm glad to hear you solved your problem.

Please mark the thread as resolved.

Cheers

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karine,

The error points to an invalid jvm memory settings or you have allocated too much memory and it is not able to initialize..

Using the config tool check and adjust your memory parameters (ensuring you have enough available on your instance) according to sap note: 723909.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Dan