cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst won't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm trying to install Solution Manager and i'm performing a remote installation with SAPinst. the installation is based Solaris and Oracle, when i start SAPinst on Solaris server with ./sapinst -nogui and then start SAPinst on a windows platform it generates the following error

guiengine: login timeout; the client was unable to establish a valid connection

iauxsysex.c:317: child /tmp/sapinst_exe.1523.1136887296/sapinst (pid 1524) has crashed. Executable directory is /tmp/sapinst_exe.1523.1136887296. Contact Support.

iaextract.c:814: child has signaled an exec error. Keeping directory /tmp/sapinst_exe.1523.1136887296

can anyone assist me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What port are you using to connect to the server from the installation GUI? What does the guiengine do before it timesout? How long does it take before it times out? I assume there is not an issue with the firewall?

Also, have you tried running ./sapinst without the -nogui flag? How does the guiengine respond differently? Try just running ./sapinst without the additional flag and still try connecting to the host with the GUI installer and see how it responds.