cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Enterprise Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a recommend way by SAP to customize an Enterprise Service? For Example i have extended the Business Object customer with custom attributes. So the operation parameters of the Enterprise Service (e.g. CreateCustomer) that use this BO must change.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

i have not changed a Enterprise Service Interface so far.

Let me explain my question more in detail.

For example I use the ES operation createMaintenanceOrder. To create a order this ES have some specific and required input (request) parameters relating to the order BO in R/3.

But not every customer uses the standard BO order. Many customers have their own specific attributes for an order additional to the standard attributes given by SAP.

So to catch all attributes of the BO by a create operation, you have to modify the Enterprise Service.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

I too wish to customize a service.

Plz let me know the steps, if u are done with it.

Regards

Dhanya

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a new service interface with the ES Builder. In your service interface, create an operation, eg, newCreateMaintenanceOrder, which the request message type has a newly-defined data object. This newly-defined data object can be made up of your existing createMaintenanceOrder request message's data type (if it's available as GDTs or import the XI package of your createMaintenaceOrder and reuse its data type) and new own specific attributes.

Please see the following video demo for detail step-by-step guide https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00fab12c-2bf4-2a10-15bb-83878551....

Anyway, i found a quick way to create message type of request and response in operation by using WSDL document. Please refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm. No manual one-by-one define of element in data type.

You can create a ABAP (or Java) web service which implements your required newCreateMaintenanceOrder functionality. Make sure that the Import and Export parameters are of what you desired. Get the WSDL of this web service, import and use it for your request and response message type for your new service interface's operation in ES Builder.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Can you be more clear on this.

Did you modify an existing Web service interface in XI?

Regards,

Vikas