cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill Drop down list in Interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am trying to display multiple values form the context of an form, so not web dynpro! I am using a valuelist object for that.

When I test the form I am only getting to see the first value of my internal table and the drop down list cannot be expanded.

If I analyse the XML I see that the items are there which I want to display.

What is the cause of this, or is this only possible with Interactive form in an Web dynpro scenario (I hope not)

Regards,

Harrie Prinsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not able to view the drop down of standard scenarios like SPSP or SPSD.further i am also not able to view the dropdown created for my own scenario.Can anyone please guide me how to create dropdown list in Intercative forms for ISR scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrie,

Please update on how you were able to display the internal table values in a drop down through the ABAP report programme.

Thanks and Regards,

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the answer. I hope you understand what I want, fill the possible entries dynamically in the dropdown list based on an internal table from the form.

The reason I want this, is not that I would use for printing but for sending via mail from ABAP.

So I already have activated the fillable option and now I want to fill the valuelist with variabel data.

Thanks for the input I will examine the dynamic properties and see if it meets my requirements

Regards Harrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harrie,

Raja is right - you would need to render an interactive form in order to display multiple values in a drop down list. This is also possible in pure ABAP, i.e. by setting the sfpdocparams-fillable option in your application program. Furthermore you have to define the 'item values' for your drop down list in Designer 7.1 (context menu of the "Object" palette -> enable "Show Dynamic Properties" -> "Binding" tab -> "Specify Item Values" -> do the binding...).

Regards,

Philipp

P.S. Search the Designer help for "Dynamic Properties"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrie,

As per this post, I understand that you are going to use a simple ADOBE PRINT FORM which fetches data from ECC and displays it in the form...Am I right?

See, if it is going to be a Simple PRINT FORM which is NON-INTERACTIVE in nature, I dont see the need of DROP DOWN LIST in this scenario. I think that could be the reason why always the first item of the INTERNAL TABLE is displayed all the time.

If you have an INTERACTIVE SCENARIO where the user can select an option from the drop-down, then you can go with ABAP WD/JAVA WD/ISR Adobe Interactive Forms.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>