cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

I currently installing I 7.0 and I am stocking in step 36 of 93 "Start Java engine".

Before I had a problem with the Oracle Listener and I had to start the listener manually. But now the Listener works.

The current error message is:

"ERROR 2006-11-09 08:25:15

CJS-30151 Java process server0 of instance XID/DVEBMGS01 [ABAP: ACTIVE, Java: (dispatcher: RUNNING, server0: UNKNOWN)] did not start after 4:00 minutes. Giving up."

I already increased the virtual memory as described in "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237740 " and also set the /PAE option and also tried instead the /3GB option.

In the sapmmc I can see the disp+work.ex in yellow with the following message: "Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time 0:00 sec, J2EE: Some processes running"

In the syslog I see the entry "SAP-Basis System: >1 possible network problems detected - check tracefile and adjus". Regarding this, I checked the dev_icm but do not recognize anything.

Can someone support me.

Regards Oliver

Hi Again

I found out the following problem in the dev_server0.

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

[Thr 3624] JLaunchIAbortJava: abort hook is called

[Thr 3624] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = -2)

Can someone advice me to handle this.

My j2sdk is j2sdk1.4.2_13

Regards Oliver

Message was edited by: Oliver Bluhm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK! I could solve it!

I changed the MaxHeapSize and the initial MaxHeapSIze to 512!

And now it work!!

Thanks to all XI Fighters who anyhow read it.

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oiver, I you can not problem if you use JAVA 1.4.2_09, with JAVA _13 I've problem on same phase server0

Apparently this error is DLLS on windows, I found different notes 716604, 664607, 736462.

I hope these data can solve the problem.

Regards

Gustavo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo

Thanks for some more information, but we solved the problem by changing the maxheapsize. I got a recommendation to use not more than 1024M for the heap in case of an 32bit windows server 2003 standard edition with 4GB

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Oliver, can you tell me where I have to change this parameter in configtool.bat?

I see this parameter in several parts on configtool.bat

Regards.

Gustavo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo

sorry for being a little bit late.

Regarding you question. Set the maxheapsize in the server note of the configtool and ensure that the Initial Heap Size (Xms) and the Maximum Heap Size (Xmx) do have the same value.

Here is a helpful recommendation/guideline from an early watch report:

[...]

Implementation: Start configtool in directory ../j2ee/configtool, navigate to tree 'instance_ID<n>' and highlight the node to be updated. Update the JVM parameters in the 'Java parameters' field as recommended and apply the changes except the max heap size.

Enter the maximum heap size in the field 'Max heap size' and not as Java parameter -Xmx.

Remarks: If you plan to use the http compression for your messages, the current implementation of GZIPOutputStream delivered with JDKs 1.3.x and 1.4.x has shown OutOfMemoryErrors in certain scenarios. The work around for this is described in SAP Note 746666.

[...]