cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited user license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All,

Can anyone tell me the functionlities covered under limited user license. Specifically i want to know if limited user license can be used for release/approval process.

Thank you for your help.

SM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, limited professional users are upper management people who do not carry out transactions in the system. They only use reports to check out data.

Here is what SAP documentation says:

<b>

A mySAP Limited Professional (Cat. III) user is a named user who performs limited operational related roles supported by the software. In particular employees of business third parties are to be licensed as mySAP Limited Professional users.

Those employees of business third parties that are performing functions or roles normally performed by the customer's employees, for example independent contractors, consultants or temporary employees need to be licensed as Professional Users.

The mySAP Limited Professional User license includes the rights granted under a mySAP Employee User license.

</b>

So if you are talking about line managers who approve/reject e.g. invoives, sales orders, purchase orders, etc I think you are going to need professional user license. <b>I am open to correction though</b>

Please check with your SAP Account Manager to confirm this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response.

I also believe the same, however I am not sure as the document says "Limited functionality" and if release/approval by the business heads comes under limited functionality.

If you have can you send me some doc on mySAP user licensing or some pointers...

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please visit http://service.sap.com/licenseauditing -> Named User Measurement -> User Classification. On the respective page, please select mySAP Business Suite. This will list the different categories of licensed users.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It required user name and password to access. Can you please quote it. Thanks

Answers (0)