cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the basic .jar files to be set in web dynpro project classpath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem while customizing the ESS. I used DTR, DC and imported configuration. After that, I created project from one of the DC(say ess/jp/addr). Later when I open an iView from any Web Dynpro component, I am getting lot of errors without even making any modifications.

I closed the project and reopened it and reload & rebuilt, but it doesn't solved my problem. In my classpath settings I couldn't find any jar files except the jre_lib. Could you please let me know what are the basic jar files we have to set in classpath and where to get them from. We are using NWDS 7.0.06 version.

Can you please let me know how to solve this or any other way to work around this.

It's an urgent to be fixed as early as possible, plz help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

you shouldn't need to change you classpath. All required DC are supposed to be synchronized from the DTR. Did you import the following SCAs in your track ? :

- SAP_BUILDT

- SAP_JTECHS

- SAP-JEE

Regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your reply.

We imported the the specified SCAs in our track.

we are getting the following errors.

Kind Status Priority Description Resource In Folder Location

Error The import com.sap.xss.per cannot be resolved CcPerAddressInterface.java NS1_XSSTR_Dessusaddrsap.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/hr/per/us/address/cc line 18

Error com.sap.pcuigp cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument fpm of the method loadConfiguration CcPerAddressInterface.java NS1_XSSTR_Dessusaddrsap.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/hr/per/us/address/cc line 113

Error com.sap.pcuigp cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method getNextPerspective CcPerAddressInterface.java NS1_XSSTR_Dessusaddrsap.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/hr/per/us/address/cc line 127

Error com.sap.pcuigp cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument currentPerspective of the method getNextPerspective CcPerAddressInterface.java NS1_XSSTR_Dessusaddrsap.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/hr/per/us/address/cc line 127

Error com.sap.pcuigp cannot be resolved (or is not a valid return type) for the method getCAPState CcPerAddressInterface.java NS1_XSSTR_Dessusaddrsap.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/hr/per/us/address/cc line 137

Error com.sap.pcuigp cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the argument perspective of the method getCAPState CcPerAddressInterface.java NS1_XSSTR_Dessusaddrsap.com/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/hr/per/us/address/cc line 137

we manually set below .jar files in classpath settings.

pcuixssfpm.jar

pcuixssutils.jar

logging.jar

essper.jar

Is there any alternative to work around.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried syncing sources and used DC's for the project you have created from the DTR? This should bring across all of the standard WD libraries from your NWDI server.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your response.

I tried syncing sources & used DCs for the project I created.

But, still the problem is not solved. Is there any other way to solve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Suppose if you add jars manually to the class paths it automatically removes from the build paths when ever you perform the rebuild, because you are using the Webdynpro DCs.

In your error log you can easily find what are the jars are missing. i hope this missing jars are related the your ESS pack. So these jars should be available in your DTR. Check the missing jars in the DTR.

IF these jar not available make the dependency in the CMS. Than during Sync those jars will be available.

IF components(missing jars) are already available in you DTR inactive mode. add the required components in your webdynpro DC.(right click on usedDCs to select the add used DCs..) than only those jars come into a build paths.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You say that you have added the required SC's into your development configuration? Once you have right-clicked on one of the DC's and created the project locally, when you right click to sync used DC's do you get a large list of standard SAP jars that takes a while to sync?

This should only happen once for the development configuration and should bring all of the standard SAP jar's to your local NWDS so you can build them. If this hasn't happened I'd suggest there is something wrong with your development configuration. It might be an idea to remove the dev config from your NWDS, ensure the development track is set up correctly on the NWDI and that your SC has the correct usage dependencies and then re-import it to your NWDS. Then hopefully when you sync you will get all of the necessary jars.

In your SC you should have the following three dependencies as someone has already mentioned:-

SAP_BUILDT

SAP-JEE

SAP_JTECHS

When you go to the "Active DC's" view and right-click and Create Project, do you then switch to the "Inactive DC's" view and right-click to Sync sources?

Out of interest, what version of NWDS are you using and what SP is your NWDI at?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the response.

We are using NWDS Version: 7.0.06 and regarding NWDI SP, I have to check with basis guys. I am sure that the three dependencies are present in our SC

SAP_BUILDT

SAP-JEE

SAP_JTECHS

Is there any thing specific with versions we are using.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... Sounds like you are on version NW2004s - a few people I work with have had issues getting the development tracks to work correctly and supply the standard DC's. I'd suggest speaking to your basis guys and ensuring the development track has the SC's in correctly. They can be added in a few different ways but need to be added as dependant usages I think from memory. You'd be better to check this with them.

As I said in my last post, when you sync sources and used DC's do you get a large list of standard SAP DC's that takes a while to sync? Things like com.sap.aii.util.misc and com.sap.execution and tc/bi/ant etc... If not your SC's probably aren't correctly defined.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Yes...we are on NW2004s.

when I try to sync sources and used DCs, I could only see list having 1) ess/per 2) ess/us/addr.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I've not personally done any work on the ESS development tracks but I'm sure you need to have the three standard Web Dynpro SC's added to your track. It sounds like you haven't got them set up properly.

You need to go back to your basis people and get them to check the set up.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gareth.

Our basis people are working on that.

I will get back to you for any future clarifications.

Regards,

Raj