Is it required to install BW seperatly?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'Day abhimohpra abhimoh,

When you are going for ECC 5.0 installation you no need to install BW in the same BOX. Thing is that in ECC 5.0 you will be getting BW bydefaultly. you need to install the BW_CONT plugin only. it will be activating your BW activities.

Reward me if it is useful.

Cheers,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

can u elaborate on installing BW_CONT plug in!

we have installed ECC 5.0 . can you tell me which is the DVD that is required for

this purpose? Is it BI_CONT 3.5.3?

if yes, can u tell me in detail what we need to get the BW activities enabled on our ECC 5.0?

Thank you,

Ravi

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For mySAP ERP 2005/SAP NetWeaver 2004s, you will also need the BI JAVA usage type activated to the use the BI capabilities. The BI Java usage type is activated on the Java stack so you will have to install the Java stack too.

You are correct that mySAP ERP 2005 ABAP stack is already pre-delivered with the ABAP side of the BI capabilities. To use the BI content within a mySAP ERP 2005 system you only need to install the SAP NetWeaver 2004s BI Content (BI_CONT) add-on on the ABAP stack (and of course create a client specifically for the BI capabilities to run in).

Cheers,

Mike.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

BI_CONT is an add-on and is delivered with SAP NetWeaver 2004s. You can download the latest version from the SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/swdc). You install it with transaction SAINT.

Please remember that there is no uninstall option so once you do it, it is there forever!

I would suggest you read the mySAP ERP 2005 master guide about using the embedded BI capabilities before you start to do this (including SAP note 855534). There are some pros and cons you need to weigh up before you start with this option.

Please also remember that you'll need a Java stack with BI Java to use the BI capabilities of SAP NetWeaver (as of the 2004s release).

Cheers,

Mike.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you check the mySAP ERP master guides for installation options (http://service.sap.com/instguides).

Basically you have 2 options;

Standalone installation: You install the BI capabilities as a separate installation to your mySAP ERP 200x system. this can be on a separate server or on the same server as your mySAP ERP system. They are 2 separate systems. In this situation you have the potential to patch and upgrade the system independently.

Embedded installation: As of mySAP ERP 2004 SR1, you have the option to install and use the BI capabilities within the mySAP ERP system. This means that they are running in the same ABAP and Java runtimes. In this configuration, both are patched and upgraded at the same time (dependent on each other). Your sizing is additive (ERP + BI capabilities).

I hope this helps - the embedded options is covered in the mySAP ERP master guides.

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not required.

providing you have the space, memory and processing power available on your ECC server, you can do a seperate installation on the same servers.