Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP User Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario:

While creating users in SAP EP, we are not specifying whether user type is consultant, administrator or any other category. Users by default are assigned to Everyone and Authenticate groups. Other than users assigned by groups,

I have to know, how many user types are available in SAP Enterprise Portal ? If available, how that is created in SAP Enterprise Portal ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply. I will go through that but, I have one more question.. ie. I am using UME api's to create, delete, search users in SAP EP from java program. While searching users, I am able to give how many users I can search between two numbers. i.e, paging thing is not happening will u please suggest me any API which searches users based on the offset and max. number of records that we give..

I can explain how I am searching users

1. Getting the user factory instance

UMFactory.getInstance()

testEPSearch.createUserFactory();

userFactory = testEPSearch.getUserFactory();

2. Mention the max. records and search the users

IUserSearchFilter iUserSearchFilter = userFactory.getUserSearchFilter();

ISearchResult searchResult = userFactory.searchUsers(iUserSearchFilter);

iUserSearchFilter.setMaxSearchResultSize(10);

searchResult = userFactory.searchUsers(iUserSearchFilter);

In the above, I can mention how many records to fetch, from and to records.

Please help me in this regard,how to do paging in SAP EP?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sesh,

I don't know what you mean by user types... if you're taking about levels of authorization that can be achieved by assigning the right roles to the right people.

If you are technically talking, this might help you understand..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4e/225b42eeb66255e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/da/16115e9d70e64eaa3f9e199c3ffb80/frameset.htm

Hope this help!

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful