cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simply GUI mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to XI and found out that GUI mappings create unnecessary complexity. I wonder if there is any way to simply them. Here is my problem:

Let's say I have the following source message:

<source>
  <node> (cardinality: 0..9999)
    <key>...</key>
    <source_value1>...<source_value1> (cardinality: 0..1)
    <source_value2>...<source_value2> (cardinality: 0..1)
  <node>
</source>

My target message looks like this:

<target>
  <target_value1>...</target_value1>
  <target_value2>...</target_value2>
  <target_value3>...</target_value3>
</target>

The mapping requirements are:

1. Map source_value1 to target_value1 when key = 'key1'

2. Map source_value1 to target_value2 when key = 'key2'

3. Map source_value2 to target_value3 when key = 'key3'

4. If source message contains nodes with keys other than key1, key2, key3, ignore them.

Pretty common requirements so far. Now let's start with GUI mapping. Obviously, I cannot use 'if..else' function in the GUI because it will only check the first occurrence of the <b>node</b> elements in the source message. So to meet the requirements, I have to create some custom functions.

At first, I decided to create a <u>context</u> function called findValue:

public void findValue(String[] key, String[] keyValue, String[] value, ResultList result, Container container){
  for (int i = 0; i < key.length; i++) {
    if (key<i>.equalsIgnoreCase(keyValue[0])) {
      if (i < value.length) result.addValue(value<i>);
      else result.addValue("");
      return;
    }
  }
  result.addValue("");
}

It is pretty simple to use this function. For example, to meet the 1st requirement, I pass <b>key</b> element to the first parameter, constant value <b>key1</b> to the second parameter, and <b>source_value1</b> to the third parameter. And I set the context on <b>key</b> and <b>source_value1</b> to <b>source</b> element.

This seems to solve the problem. Unfortunately, it is wrong because all the source_value elements are optional. For example, source_value1 element may not even exist when key = 'key2'. It means the array length of key[] and value[] are not necessarily the same. Thus, it will produce the wrong output.

It seems that the only way to solve this problem is to create an <u>queue</u> function rather than a context function. The modified version of findValue function looks like this now:

public void newFindValue(String[] key, String[] keyValue, String[] value, ResultList result, Container container) {
  ArrayList valueList = new ArrayList();
  for (int i = 0; i < value.length; i++) {
    /* If the first value is CC or if there are two CCs in a row, produce an empty value in the value list. */
    if (value<i>.equals(result.CC)) {
      if (i == 0 || (i > 0 && value[i-1].equals(result.CC))) valueList.add("");
      valueList.add(result.CC);
    }
    else {
      valueList.add(value<i>);
    }
  }

if (key.length != valueList.size()) {
    trace.addWarning("Mismatch key size and value size.");
  }

int count = 0;
  for (int i = 0; i < key.length; i++) {
    if (key<i>.equalsIgnoreCase(keyValue[0])) {
      if (count > 0) result.addContextChange();
      result.addValue((String) valueList.get(i));
      count++;
    }
  }
}

As you can see, the function is very complicated just to achieve a simple requirement. Also, I don't really like queue function because the performance will be poor.

Is there any better way to achieve such requirements without using custom queue functions? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Kenny Cheang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

It is very nice to hear from you to join in to XI Family.As per as my knowledge I felt that for your mapping requirement no need to go for Java Functions.

you can achieve this requirement by using Graphical Functions which XI has provided for us.

Note:Use Fixed Value under Conversion function.

1)Go to Function drop down list from the Message Mapping Editor

2)Select the Conversion from the selected drop down list and double click the conversion function and enter your key and value in the corresponding fields.

Ex:Key Value

123 Chandu

Please let me know for further clarifications

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for your reply. But I don't see how FixedValue function can solve the problem. FixedValue converts one value to another. And you have to know all possible values in the source file. My requirement is not about value conversion.

> Hi Kenny,

>

> It is very nice to hear from you to join in to XI

> I Family.As per as my knowledge I felt that for your

> mapping requirement no need to go for Java

> Functions.

> you can achieve this requirement by using Graphical

> l Functions which XI has provided for us.

>

> Note:Use Fixed Value under Conversion function.

> 1)Go to Function drop down list from the Message

> Mapping Editor

> 2)Select the Conversion from the selected drop down

> list and double click the conversion function and

> enter your key and value in the corresponding

> fields.

>

> Ex:Key Value

> 123 Chandu

> Please let me know for further clarifications

>

> Thanks and Regards,

> Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't see any problem. You should only make two if statements checking key and that's all.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

if statements only checks the first occurrence of the <b>node</b> elements when the context is set to <b>node</b>.

For example, if the source message looks like this:

<source>

<node>

<key>key1</key>

<source_value1>value1</source_value1>

</node>

<node>

<key>key2</key>

<source_value1>value2</source_value1>

</node>

<node>

<key>key3</key>

<source_value2>value3</source_value2>

</node>

</source>

The if statement for testing key1 will be true. Thus, target_value1 will be populated. But the rest of if statements will never be true. Thus target_value2 and target_value3 will be blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change also source_valueX context to node.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

That won't work either. Changing the context to node will produce three values for each if statement. Only the first value will be assigned to the target file. The first value is not necessarily the correct value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2. Map source_value1 to target_value2 when key = 'key2'

3. Map source_value2 to target_value3 when key = 'key3'

target_value1=ifWithoutElse(key="key1") then source_value1

target_value2=ifWithoutElse(key="key2") then source_value1

target_value1=ifWithoutElse(key="key3") then source_value2

and target top element createIf(FixedValue:key1="true",key2="true",key3="true",default="false"[default is not entry])

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

> target_value2=ifWithoutElse(key="key2") then

> source_value1

<source>

<node>

<key>key2</key>

<source_value1>correct</source_value1>

</node>

<node>

<key>key1</key>

<source_value1>wrong</source_value1>

</node>

</source>

Take this one for example. When the context is set to node, this statement is evaluated twice.

First, the if statement is true, it returns source_value1 which is the value "correct".

Then the if statement is evaluated again and return false.

However, even when the second if statement failed, the context of source_value1 is changed. It is not the value "correct" any more. Now, it points to the value "wrong". So at the end, the value "wrong" is assigned to target_value2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please look that's if without else. Maybe you will have to add remove context and split by value. If you don't do it by Tomorrow I'll map it. Just send it to my email (should be available on my sdn profile)

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that's if without else. I always get the last value when I set context to source. I always get the first value when I set context to node. I tested with your suggestion many times. I got the wrong value every time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is solution for such case:

2. Map source_value2 to target_value2 when key = 'key2'

3. Map source_value3 to target_value3 when key = 'key3'

a) duplicate target node (you need to have 3 target nodes), right click on the node and duplicate

b)

create user defined function rSUP (it will remove SUPPRESS)

for(int i=0;i<a.length;i++)

if(!a<i>.equals(ResultList.SUPPRESS))

result.addValue(a<i>);

c)

create your mapping similar to this one:

/ns0:target/target=rSUP(removeContexts(createIf(stringEquals(/ns0:source/node/key=, const([value=key1])))))

/ns0:target/target/target_value1=SplitByValue([type=Each value]/ns0:source/node/source_value1=)

/ns0:target/target[1]=rSUP(createIf(stringEquals(/ns0:source/node/key=, const([value=key2]))))

/ns0:target/target[1]/target_value2=SplitByValue([type=Each value]/ns0:source/node/source_value2=)

/ns0:target/target[2]=rSUP(removeContexts(createIf(stringEquals(/ns0:source/node/key=, const([value=key3])))))

/ns0:target/target[2]/target_value3=SplitByValue([type=Each value]/ns0:source/node/source_value3=)

key context is source

source_valueX context is source

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) duplicate target node (you need to have 3 target nodes), right click on the node and duplicate

You just changed my requirements. I cannot have 3 target nodes. I need 1 target node with target_valueX child elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you will have one target. Please check it. It's a feature in graphical mapping. Create such mapping and you will see that it works.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

Can you also give the cardinality of the Element "Key" in the source and also of all the target Elements.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

Thanks for your reply. The cardinality of the element "Key" is (1..1). The cardinality of all the target elements is (0..1).

Kenny

> Hi Kenny,

>

> Can you also give the cardinality of the Element

> "Key" in the source and also of all the target

> Elements.

>

> Regards,

> Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello