cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Alert shows in Inbox but without custom text

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a BPM which raises an alert and passes a message to a fixed receipent Inbox. In our Dev environment this works great. We replicated this functinoality in our QA environment and now the user gets an alert in their Inbox but instead of the custom message they just receive the alert category description. We have scene this problem in the past when we forgot to check dynamic text on the alert category but we checked this so it must be something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Alert Troubleshooting-SAP note- 913858

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for the reponse. We are on SP16 and I looked through the note but was unable to see anything that related to our issue. I checked for any ABAP dumps and tried changing the alert message we have in our BPM to a string with no variables, but we still received the same issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try generating the alert from RSALERTTEST and see if it gives the same error?

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puloma,

If I run RSALERTTEST with no additional confirguration it creates an alert in my inbox with the alert category description as the alert message. If I run RSALERTTEST and use the additional configuration menu to add in a description it uses that description as the alert message short text. It appears to be working as expected. The problem seems to be that although my BPM works perfect in Dev, in our QA environment it is not feeding the alert description correctly to the alert message. This is just a guess I am not sure if there is a way for me to monitor what alert description my bpm created.

Regards

Answers (0)