cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate a barcode in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to print a barcode on a smartforms . I know how to print a barcode, but my requirement is to rotate the and print it vertically . Did anyone ever did this . I tried specifying 90/180/270 in roration field . But nothing worked out . I am not sure where I am falling .

Can anyone please help me with this .

Thanks ,

Varun .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's easy if you use new barcode technology. In SE73, selet system barcode, click on change, click on create button, select New button, select rotated in the barcode alignment popup screen.

Use the newly created barcode in the smartform.

Regards

SRIDHAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I followed what you have said but still the barcode is not tilted . Is there anything else I need to take care of ? The rotation is 90 degrees, should it be more ?

Also I tried 90/1980/270 rotation but no use . I dont know whats wrong ? Does the window size matter in this regard ?

Regards,

Varun .

Message was edited by: varun sonu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can anyone help me out with this issue ?

Regards,

Varun .

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Varun,

Printing rotated barcode using new barcode tech working perfectly for me. Don't know why it's not working in your case.

Did you create a character format for the barcode in a smart style, and used the style and char format in the smartform?

Try increasing the window width/hight to fit the barcode.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar ,

I did create the chracter format in style and used it but still it is not working . Can we see the rotation in preview or do I need to print and see how the output looks like ?

The barcode width is 5 cm and height is 2 cm . What should be the window size for the above said barcode to fit into this window ?

Thanks ,

Varun .

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Varun,

Rotated barcode showsup in preview.

The barcode width and height info from char format definition is not exact, width changes with the data you are going to encode.

Window size shouldn't matter here, but try with winow size 10x10cm and data betwwn 5 to 10 chars.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While defining the charcter format I didnot specify anything for the font size . Is that a concern and also the paragraph format I am using is default paragraph .

Regards,

varun .

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to define font size and default paragraph is ok.

Refer OSS note 645158 on using the new barcode tech in smartforms. Also try searching for related oss notes.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar ,

This is what I have in the form editor :

• <WB>VIJAY</>

Do you think if this is the error . Still I am not able to resolve the problem . By the way Sridhar waht is the version of the system you have done this successfully ? I am on 4.6c .

When I test the label from se73 I can see it is vertical but the sme when I use in smartform it is horizontal . I have no idea why this is happening . I did follow all the steps but nothing is working out for me .

Can anyone help me out with this .

Regards ,

Varun .

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My system version is ECC 5.0

Is that the only field you'r printing on the form? Did you set landscape format in the page attributes node. If that's only field then it looks horizontal depending on page orientation.

Make sure the window width and height is big enough to see the full barcode, else it'll be truncated.

Try even number of characters to encode in the barcode, some barcode symbologies need even number of characters.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar ,

I did what ever you have suggested me to do . But all went in vain . I did follow te exact procedure which has been explained in some OSS notes . Thanks a lot for your patience and eagerness to help me . If I had your mail ID I would have mailed you the screen shots which explains the steps I have used to define a new barcode in SE73 .

Now I am planning to raise a OSS notes for this .

It took time for me to come back and assign points . Sorry for that .

Thanks and Regards ,

Varun .

Answers (0)