cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Upgrade - Starting Prepare for the First Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm starting the prepare for the first time and I received this message "You must be BD2ADM to run this command." I login as BD2OFR.

I'm trying to upgrade our BW 3.1C with kernel 640 to NetWeaver 2004 SR1.

Do you have any solution for this problem I cannot continue with the prepare.

Thanks,

Ramon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt and Volker,

I tried the workaround to bypass the <SIDADM> but I encountered the problem in extracting the correction for upgrade tools: FIX_NWAS700SR1.UPG.

Received this message:

Correction package '/usr/sap/put/FIX_NWAS700SR1.UPG' found, extracting to '/usr/sap/put'.

SAPup message

SAPup> Upgrade Correction Package

Error -9 during extraction of the upgrade correction package FIX_NWAS700SR1.UPG

Please check file CAR.ECO

- "retry"

- "ignore"

I downloaded the upgrade correction from Service Market Place:

NWAS700SR1_19-20000914.SAR and I tried to exctracting this file by using SAPCAR and was extracted no problem.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

Like I said, at this point you should open a message with SAP Support. You are experiencing issues that are properly addresed and corrected by our support channel, and not a SDN fourm.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I open an OSS message yesterday morning and if someone can escalate this message for me.

OSS message numeber: 0001105362/2006

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using the SIDADM and received this message and the prepare just terminated.

If you are sure that the user you are logged in

is the correct one to upgrade this system,

do not hesitate to contact the SAP Support.

Usually, the upgrade is performed as the "OFR"-user.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

That is a very important piece of information that you left out of your original message. You are likely to have your issue addressed quicker and better when complete information is given. See the "Rules of Engagement".

1. Did you download the latest Upgrade Guide, or using the one from the DVD? The upgrade note (905029) says to download the latest guide from the Service Marketplace.

2. Have you made all of the preparations mentioned in the guide and notes? For example, Note 905029 says to be sure to use the new version of SAPup (Note 821032).

3. How are you starting PREPARE? From the DVD or did you copy it to disk?

I have done a quick search of Notes and Customer Messages and cannot find any hits on your error. If you have followed all of the correct procedures and you are still receiving this error, you should consider opening a message with SAP Support.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

1. I'm using the User Guide that I downloaded from SAP Market Place Document version 2.00 - April 07, 2006.

2. I made a preparation from the User Guide and OSS note 905029.

3. Started the prepare from the DVD and apply the new version of SAPUP7002.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

I ran into the same error ... (but it was very late night and therefore I don't know if I did something wrong and I forgot to talk to SAP on this)

But:

- For the 7.00 Upgrade you NEED sidofr and not sidadm!

- I used the following workaround - run with sidofr -:

SAPUP UPGDIR('/usr/sap/put') PARMLIST('check')

(instead of prepare - which is the same - with this trick the first error message was "skipped")

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

P.S.: Sorry SAP collegues, that I didn't mention this issue, but I'm always (when it is not midnight) using the SAPup-prepare above and therefore rarely see this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon and Volker,

<b>I strongly recommend that a message with SAP Customer Support is opened to fix and document this error.</b>

I was able to find Volker's workaround in SAP Note 822296 which is the Note for the <i>2004s</i> upgrade on iSeries. If this error is also occurring in 2004 upgrades, then it should also be identified in a Note. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramon,

Note 834218 mentions "the tendency is to use only <SID>ADM and get rid of <SID>OFR in the future" and lists the command to create <SID>ADM user - "CRTSAPUSR USER(*ADM) SID(<SID>)".

Sometimes giving SAP users *ALLOBJ and *NOLIMIT helps.

Haven't done the exactly same thing and not sure it is the right way to get around of this issue though...

Good luck,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

The solution is contained in the error message! You need to be user BD2ADM (the SAP system administrative user) to run prepare, not BD2OFR. Login as BD2ADM and run the command again.

Best Regards,

Matt