cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Container Element and Container in UDF Relation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a BPM with container elements. Can I access this container variable value in a Java based mapping User Defined Function. If so, can you please let me know how can I do that.

Thanks,

-Padmaja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure,

This will help you

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a different need. I have a situation in my BPM where I have to a build a message in my Java mapping based on some conditions. For example, a succesful transformation, a failure and a deadline condition. Right now I am creating three diffent interface mappings to handle each of these.

But since only the result is the factor for message building I am wondering whether I can use any parameter like container element based on whose value I can build message with one interface mapping.

Any pointer on how can I achive this is of great help.

Thanks,

-Padmaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

q1 -Is the target message same in all the cases with different values?

q2 - Also, after this message(with different content based on the where it is created from) is created is sent out or is it used some where further again in the BPM?

i am also assuming you are above SP16..

If the answer is yes to q1 and no to q2, you can achieve this quite easily.....from each of the 3 places(success,failure and deadline)....have a send step each with the source message...in the send step you should have the "ConversationID" field filled with values which distinguishes the place from it is is send....now in the interface determination attach one mapping and in that mapping using a UDF you can access the Conversation ID from mapping variables....and you can manipulate your output message..

I have made lots of assumptions without knowing your scenario..check it out if it helps...

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Thanks very much.

I am sorry for using the message in the generic context than that of in picture. I am building a email alert message in the UDF based on the conditions I mentioned using Java mail.

Your answer does help me to go little more deeper into my problem. One thing I am thinking is, using the 3 send steps for this puropse but not really using that step excepting to pass a variable. I am not sure how appropriate and logical will this design be.

Thanks,

-Padmaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

If all you want is just to send a mail(again it may not fit into the full picture), in case of success, error and deadline, why don't you use the alerting framework and have a control step(Trigger alert) in each of the 3 places to send out mails?

In the control step, you can use variables to create your message dynamically.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

I went over that route but since we have a bunch of other data that need to be communicated and other stuff, we are configuring as needed using Java Mail.

Even in the current scenario, I have created 3 interfaces mappings against 3 message mappings and calling the UDF corresponding to each situation. I am feeling that even though this is workable design but not a feel good one. And hence is my pursuit for something compact.

Guess, I made my intention clear. Any pointer in achiving my goal is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Padmaja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189324
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

According to XI Help Documentation:

"You cannot change a message by using a container operation. To change a message, use a transformation step"

Thanks

Prasad