cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Czech characters in PDFs generated from RSTXPDFT4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to generate PDF documents from the spool of the Billing document outputs in our project.

For this we are using the standard program RSTXPDFT4, which converts the SAP script OTF to PDF format.

But the Czech characters in the billing document output are not getting displayed in the PDF generated out of it.

We are already using a device type I2HP4 when creating the print request , which supports Latin-2 Character set ( ISO 8859-2 ),to which the special characters of East European languages belong.

Even then , the czech characters are not getting displayed in the PDF generated.

We have raised a message to SAP for this, and SAP informed us that currently the only solution to this is to use Latin 2 soft fonts, and asked us to upload these soft fonts into R/3 System using report RSTXPDF2 as they contain the Eastern European special characters plus all the other characters in ISO 8859-2.

But, since character font definitions (font files) are protected by copyrights, SAP informed us that they cannot provide these font files and we have to acquire

these latin-2 font files by searching in search engines in the internet.

If anyone has the information where we can get these "Adobe type 1 Latin-2" font files with '.PFB' extension, for the proper display of Czech characters in the PDFs generated out of R/3, please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem and I spent a lot of time searching for suitable fonts. Then I read the last paragraph of the SAP note 141343:

As of Release 4.6C, the RSTXPDF2 upload can also import font files in the TrueType format (File extension *.ttf). The following Microsoft Core Fonts are suitable as PDF replacement fonts:

COURIER: Courier New

HELVE: Arial

TIMES: Times New Roman

So I have used ttf fonts from the windows\fonts directory, imported them with the report RSTXPDF2 as described in note 141343 and now I have Slovenian characters in pdf documents.

Best regards

Andrej

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

ik have the same problem still i used also report RSTXPDF2 and importet ttf files

do i have to use the Z FontFamily oder the HELVE etc. fontfamilies for upload?

and where is the connection between HELVE and Z-Fontfamilyname.

any hints please!!!

best regards

oliver

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link you can get latin2 font here. Lot of other fonts available aswell.

http://www.linotype.com/89842/latin2-family.html

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I want the Latin-2 soft font files( not the fonts ) for Czech characters which can be uploaded in to R/3 using the program RSTXPDF2, as suggested by SAP to solve the my issue.

As these font files are protected by Copyrights , SAP has informed that they cannot provide us these files,

Could you please let me know where I can get these font files?

Pavan